Just bought my house!!

Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
So we'v bought a house in Olympia, WA. Looking around the area, I think I am going to plan on playing at the 1/4 mile strip in bremerton and doing track days in Pacific Raceway. Does anyone know if PR does non-sportbike trackdays at all? I don't mind running on normal trackdays, but I would really rather not be holding up the faster cornering bikes if possible like I will be if there are sportbikes on track.

Anything to know about Bremerton quarter track? I've read it hooks really well.

Thanks

Congrats on the house!! I used to take a car to SIR (now Pacific Raceways) pretty regularly. I believe the vehicles on the track are set by whichever club had rented it out that day, and generally not the track unless they're doing open track days.

Portland International Raceway has a nice, fast track too that you should also check out, but I think Pacific Raceways is better balanced. Check out MC groups like 2Fast who should have no problem with the Rocket on the track.

Have you met with @1olbull yet in Tacoma? Be sure to visit Nels at 2 Wheel DynoWorks in Woodinville for a dyno tune after you get your Carp kit installed, and post a pic of the dyno graph!

I would really rather not be holding up the faster cornering bikes if possible like I will be if there are sportbikes on track.

Also, the MC clubs will group you by ability/capability so you should be riding in a group who all ride at similar speeds. Something like A (fastest), B, C, and D.

I'm not even in WA yet :p We bought our house remote from Hawaii, don't move until January. Just trying to get my **** organized before I get to the area.

Thanks for the info, I'll look up what riding groups are out there.

Well here's an early welcome to Washington! I live north of Oly in Puyallup. We could always use another Rocket around here as they are pretty scarce. Hope to meet you in the near future. Good luck with your move from paradise.

It's funny,I feel like I'm moving to paradise from here. I've been scouting out some of the amazing roads in the area, not sure where I want to go first, but one thing is a certainty, the R3 is going to get some SERIOUS miles in 2017. Hawaii's pretty and all to ride in, but it only takes me about 1hr 45min to go all the way around the island, and there's only a few good roads, all of which are very short. There is also, quite literally, not a single spot I can actually wind the R3 out to her top speed, 155 had me climbing all over the brakes at the end of the longest straight I know of here.

Really can't wait to get on a track there and finally be able to ride to my own limits without fear of death/jail, and see if I can force myself to drag pegs (something I haven't done since I've raised the bike's suspension). I find I'm cornering slower a bit as I get older, having that mental block to fully committing to trust the front tire to not wash out, thinking I might need a day playing on my sportbike to fix that.

Ah you do have a point there....From a riding standpoint, Washington does offer way more opportunities than Oahu by far. Scenery is great, roads are fun and plentiful, just the good weather is a bit limited.

So we'v bought a house in Olympia, WA. Looking around the area, I think I am going to plan on playing at the 1/4 mile strip in bremerton and doing track days in Pacific Raceway. Does anyone know if PR does non-sportbike trackdays at all? I don't mind running on normal trackdays, but I would really rather not be holding up the faster cornering bikes if possible like I will be if there are sportbikes on track.
Anything to know about Bremerton quarter track? I've read it hooks really well.
Thanks

Here is a vid of the SIR track:

Congrats on the house!! I used to take a car to SIR (now Pacific Raceways) pretty regularly. I believe the vehicles on the track are set by whichever club had rented it out that day, and generally not the track unless they're doing open track days.

Portland International Raceway has a nice, fast track too that you should also check out, but I think Pacific Raceways is better balanced. Check out MC groups like 2Fast who should have no problem with the Rocket on the track.

Have you met with @1olbull yet in Tacoma? Be sure to visit Nels at 2 Wheel DynoWorks in Woodinville for a dyno tune after you get your Carp kit installed, and post a pic of the dyno graph!

Abe,
All that is in place, Amigo! :thumbsup:

Back