My "Learn the PNW" Thread

Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
So I figure I'd start a thread to post random whim trips in.

To start here's my first time in Centralia.

IMG_0271.JPG

Learning the PWN while learning a whole new Rocket build is fun! The bike must be quite the weird sight on the freeway right now, 43f when I left today, still balling down the road like its summer and the Avon's haven't given any reason to doubt them in 40s weather. Granted I haven't been pushing cornering at all yet, but they've not slipped one bit.

Strange how much faster people drive between Olympia and Centralia than between JBLM and Olympia, most were going 80ish instead of 65ish. Somewhere at some point, I managed to turn 6k in 5th gear, I think that's 160ish. Bike was quite happy to do it and gets there MUCH faster than ever before with no sign of being anywhere near done, I let off because it was windy out.

On another note, my tune I built off a guess and a little bit of education was about 8% off from 3500-6000 at 100% throttle. I'm pretty stoked about that and can't wait until Nels gets his hands on her in a couple weeks! While many of the Carpenter guys have been touting the incredible mileage it gets, I am seeing the exact opposite, not because it's not capable, but I can't keep my hand from turning the throttle to feel the incredible rush of power. Getting about 22 MPG LMAO, but I don't care at all, its so much fun!

Last edited:
Got my temporary test of the K&N 1750s installed today and the bike out for a trip to Port Townsend. Got about half way and it started to rain, don't have rain gear with me so stopped for a break.

My R3 finally has a name:

Freak Beast

Definitively - The RAMAIR is NOT sufficient for a Carpenter R3, at least not the 265 kit!! The 1750s required 15% more fuel above 5000 RPM so far and I'm not done tuning it up there.

The rip of power is incredible up top now, I'm so in love with my bike again!! 140 on the gauge comes up fast lol.

The 101 North ride is great, well paved roads, people use turn outs to let you by, and the curves are amazing! Views great too!

Here's the temp install for testing:

IMG_0279.JPG

RE: post #1
Did you take the 507 back road through Bucota & Tenino?

RE: post #2:
Those three garbage cans hanging out under your tank look a tad weird to me - just sayin' . . .
Also, you really should consider removing the OEM puke bottle and putting a nice aluminum one down by the engine guard.

I actually got out some today. Rode down to Dupont and all around looking for my missing high school and Vet buddy.
He suddenly and quietly moved out and sold his home to an assisted living somewhere unknown.
Searched around most of the afternoon without luck. To be continued . . .

Bike runs crappy at low end - me thinking TPS adjust or replace.
I not be too efficient with tune ECU, so I'm looking for a volunteer to show me how . . .
HINT HINT HINT :D :inlove :p
Is it the forward TPS I need to purchase?

Saturday the 8th I'll be at 2wdw if you want to ride up together. He's doing a Dyno shootout, going to bring the ringer up lol. I'll bring my laptop and we can meet up at your place and sort out your TPS first. Will send you a text.

It's just a temporary setup to get the tune done as I search for the overflow solution I'm going to go with.

Saturday the 8th I'll be at 2wdw if you want to ride up together. He's doing a Dyno shootout, going to bring the ringer up lol. I'll bring my laptop and we can meet up at your place and sort out your TPS first. Will send you a text.

It's just a temporary setup to get the tune done as I search for the overflow solution I'm going to go with.

AWESOME!
Just put it in my calendar.
Sat is my Blue Knights meet - I called the Pres and told him he will have to handle the meeting without the Secretary.
So, what time Sat you want to hook up?

So my recent acquisition and I have been exploring, hit up the Johnson Observatory, the roads amazing and well paved:

IMG_0578.JPG
IMG_0579.JPG
IMG_0581.JPG

The Rockets sitting at Carpenter waiting on pistons, undercut transmission gears, billet 4th gear, and tuning. Should be back in roughly a month, I can't wait!

While the bikes in the Magic Shop getting HP Farie dust sprinkled on it, I've been blasting around in the Mini Roadster, it's really the next best thing!

Did a Loop of the Olympic peninsula on Saturday from Olympia to Olympia via 101. Amazing, just stunning scenery. The beaches were all foggy but warm, breathtakingly beautiful. I can't wait to do it on my bike!

Start to stop, 4hrs 30min, yeah, I was booking it, the way a Mini S is meant to be driven! Got a good wax in on Sunday (missed some residue clearly).

IMG_0619.JPG

Back