Just a little off

Suggestion about the scrape on the muffler. Why not paint the last 2 inches black to hide the blemish. There are high temp paints available.

Or cut the end & recap, or slash cut, or heat shield.

Or grind the hell out of the whole length, clear coat and call it an 'Rocket X' accessory. ;):D:p:whitstling:

@Jason Jurgens
Those cheap Chinese h'way pegs and mounts work great and prevent lots of other damage. I use them and have had similar incidents.

If the crash bars are still serviceable you can get these or similar rubber foot rests to fit for about $20.

US $14.88 |Engine guards road crash bars legs knee protector w/rubber cover Harley street 500 XG500 750 XG750 XL883 XL1200 XL48 32 caliber-in Bumpers & Chassis from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
Those are quite interesting...the bars survived but I think u may change them as they are still the bendy bars. You don’t have any do you?

cage driver slams on her brakes right in front of me...and then so do I and the front well, hangs a right and I’m on the road.
I’m surprised as to how little damage to the bike...the cheap highway pegs took the brunt. But my right hand mirror stem is pretty scraped and the beautiful @Paulbryant exhaust has a nasty scrape right at the end.
Bugger. Whisky will take away the pain in my heart tonight!
So you were like, following too closely?

I’m reading this while my co-coach is teaching our class on motorcycle safety. Everyone can benefit from this story. I had the exact same experience 3 years ago on my harley with no abs. Grabbing the front brake will almost always result in this.
Everyone should be practicing emergency straight line stops on their motorcycle. Find an empty parking lot and practice. At 18mph, you should be able to stop safely without a skid or activating ABS within 20’ or about two parking spot widths.
Practice this as often as you can, it is easy and worth the time.
Keep the shiny side up!!!

I’m reading this while my co-coach is teaching our class on motorcycle safety. Everyone can benefit from this story. I had the exact same experience 3 years ago on my harley with no abs. Grabbing the front brake will almost always result in this.
Everyone should be practicing emergency straight line stops on their motorcycle. Find an empty parking lot and practice. At 18mph, you should be able to stop safely without a skid or activating ABS within 20’ or about two parking spot widths.
Yep.

I had this happen on my m90 with no abs. Went for a nice flight

Yep.

I had this happen on my m90 with no abs. Went for a nice flight
Got nowhere near the stopped vehicle. I have a habit of keeping more than adequate following distance. Not sure why she stopped suddenly...there was traffic backed up ahead so I was already slowing down. I work in a semi industrial area so may have been some blood from a truck on the road.

Fortunately for me, I have no NEED to practice emergency braking as the traffic around the National Capital Region affords one the opportunity to do the real thing enough that one does not lose the skill.
My bike has ABS and I have used it several times from 85mph to full stop three times now. It does give a very controlled feel once you catch on the the front brake studder is no big deal.
It's the slow speed in a turn braking that unnerves me the most.

Back