Jack be quick spacers for r3t

Eric R.

Supercharged
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
Hi guys I am considering adding the Jack be quick handlebar spacers to my touring.
My only question is can I install these without modifying any of my cables or brake lines ?
I checked their website for availability but I did not see anything about cable issues if there are any. I did message the owner through their website also but I thought I would ask here too.
I am only looking for a small change in position so I was hoping these would fit the bill without fooling with my cables.
Thanks Eric

Never heard of them, I have Rivcos, I think I only had to do brake line, rerouted others, but it was years ago.

On the Touring the Rivco risers bring the bars up 2" and back 2", all you have to do is reroute the clutch cable so if all the JBQ blocks do is rise a little bit you should be good to go without getting new cables.

bob

The Rivo risers for the Touring require *either* rerouting the clutch cable to behind the handlebar, *or*, what most folks did, purchase a 1-½" longer clutch cable to maintain routing.

This is not critical, and a matter of personal preference. I would recommend at the price to go ahead and purchase @VABird 's risers, and decide how things lie when you install them.

If they make you feel better, what the heck if you end up buying a different cable. You feel better.

I disagree with the other posters. I have these risers now and yes I needed a longer cable. I tried to reroute, but at full handlebar turn, the cable was pulling too tight. I had chafing on the cable casing when I removed the stock cable after only a couple of rides. I ordered a Barnett cable that is two inches longer than stock, and adjusted it and it works perfectly. I think the cost of the cable was around $75.

The Barnett cable I ordered (along with most others) was about $125 shipped, and quickly. I just considered it part of the total cost of the upgrade.

Just received the JBQ risers and tried to fit without extending cables... they definitely require longer cables... I could not adjust my clutch out far enough to have minimum free play at full turn... the brake cable was far too tight as well. .... no biggie, the risers look like they’ll be a perfect height so I’m thrilled with them but will need longer cables.

speaking of which, what was the total length of cable others have ordered?

Back