It was a terrible day my friends...

WyldCFH

Drop a Gear and Disappear!
Ride
'20 Ducati Panigale V4 S
One might wonder how a 60*F and sunny day in the Houston/Conroe/Huntsville region of Texas with a planned ride with the wife and a good friend can be bad...

Well let me tell you a short story...

9:30am I get a text from @1K9 making sure I am awake. I answer to the affirmative and we go about lining up when and where we are going to meet.
11:10am As Theresa and I are pulling into Starbucks to grab some coffee and breakfast while waiting on Rick, @1K9, I notice the engine light in lit up on the raucous ho, my Super Duke R.
11:40am Rick shows up, I mention the light and pulled the positive cable to see if it will reset the light, no go
Thankfully we are fortunate to have backup bikes in my garage and Rick didn't make the 1 hour trek north for nothing. Cr@p the Street Triple is in the shop for service!
11:45am we head to my house to grab my wife's 2011 V-Star Custom, such a tiny little 650cc twin Yamaha. I'm sure Rick will be posting pictures of me on it.
11:50am This d@mn V-Star has the worst seat I have ever sat on, straight concrete to the tailbone is more comfortable. Needless to say, my @ass is hurting already
11:50am - 1:00pm I am getting us lost... A LOT! Being on a bike I hadn't ridden in a couple years, with no phone cradle to use phone GPS has kicked my @ss. Luckily Rick has a small tool kit with Phillips screw driver, I remove the cradle from my wife's Can-Am Ryker and mount it to the V-Star... and away we go
~1:30pm we hit a spot where I lose cell and GPS Sat signal and we end up on a dead end dirt road... UGH!
1:45pm We are back on track and all goes smoothly the rest of the trip... you know except for the excruciatingly hurting tailbone
~4:00 We split from Rick, he is heading down the freeway home, we took the exit toward our house. Finally this ride is done!
~5:45pm I get a text from Rick, he made it home... with a flat tire.

It was a sh!t day, but at least we got to ride!

One might wonder how a 60*F and sunny day in the Houston/Conroe/Huntsville region of Texas with a planned ride with the wife and a good friend can be bad...

Well let me tell you a short story...

9:30am I get a text from @1K9 making sure I am awake. I answer to the affirmative and we go about lining up when and where we are going to meet.
11:10am As Theresa and I are pulling into Starbucks to grab some coffee and breakfast while waiting on Rick, @1K9, I notice the engine light in lit up on the raucous ho, my Super Duke R.
11:40am Rick shows up, I mention the light and pulled the positive cable to see if it will reset the light, no go
Thankfully we are fortunate to have backup bikes in my garage and Rick didn't make the 1 hour trek north for nothing. Cr@p the Street Triple is in the shop for service!
11:45am we head to my house to grab my wife's 2011 V-Star Custom, such a tiny little 650cc twin Yamaha. I'm sure Rick will be posting pictures of me on it.
11:50am This d@mn V-Star has the worst seat I have ever sat on, straight concrete to the tailbone is more comfortable. Needless to say, my @ass is hurting already
11:50am - 1:00pm I am getting us lost... A LOT! Being on a bike I hadn't ridden in a couple years, with no phone cradle to use phone GPS has kicked my @ss. Luckily Rick has a small tool kit with Phillips screw driver, I remove the cradle from my wife's Can-Am Ryker and mount it to the V-Star... and away we go
~1:30pm we hit a spot where I lose cell and GPS Sat signal and we end up on a dead end dirt road... UGH!
1:45pm We are back on track and all goes smoothly the rest of the trip... you know except for the excruciatingly hurting tailbone
~4:00 We split from Rick, he is heading down the freeway home, we took the exit toward our house. Finally this ride is done!
~5:45pm I get a text from Rick, he made it home... with a flat tire.

It was a sh!t day, but at least we got to ride!

Let us know what the issue is with the Duke?

Let us know what the issue is with the Duke?

I think I know what it is. But have to confirm it tomorrow. She is too loud to start up @9pm on a Sunday.

Pretty sure it is just warning me that I am under 100 miles from a service. I usually have it done early and never see the warnings.

Wow Anthony!!! I forget what diet you went on but thats the one I need! You look great bud!:thumbsup: When did you move???

Thanks bro.

We are on a doctor and nutritionist monitored keto diet. I am relaxing it a lot though. I'm where I want to be and need to stop losing weight now.

We moved back to TX in Dec

after reading your story i've decided not to answer any ride requests from you.
you've got some bad juju going on.....

Back