Hey family Guy here wife and 2 rascals. Live north of downtown Toronto Canada, own a foot clinic and sell real estate. Tell me wife we need milk and come home an hour later on the bike saying store was closed :D try to ride when ever where ever.

welcome from BC

Triple.. just got back.. didn't see this though or would have said hello..had the kids, they were trouble and didn't want to walk it! My little one couldn't leave the Hooters booth.. kept on saying ,"boobies?" Was hilarious lol
What does ton up Cubs represent?
Thanks
sure it wasnt norm in disquise?

Welcome Aboard from Lafayette Indiana Captain.

First verification is required which means we need pictures of your bike for our amusement.

Second I am adding a link for you to read up on the 140 on the front. I will be doing this shortly myself.
Hope the snow melts quickly for you.

140 Front Tire

It seems after 4 pages nobody has answered your question. I haven't tried a smaller section front tire, probably will next time. Quite a few have gone to a 140 with positive results. I believe a 130 will mess with the ABS throwing a code. @1olbull ?

Very true, very true, indeed! :thumbsup:
The OEM front circumference is 3.7" larger than the 140/70R17 front circumference of 79.38".
Less circumference than that will fall below the rear to front circumference ratio acceptable to the ECU, which will fault the ABS.
NOTE:
After much trial and error, I have found the best handling front tire to be the Michelin Road 5, 150/70R17, rear tire run backwards on the front.
Tis the same circumference as the 140/75R17 tire. The Road 5 is also wider and improves lean response, allowing increased lean angles with improved traction.
Just my opinion based upon my riding experience. :D

Hey there..Am I the ONLY rocket with a 16" front wheel?? Seems like all other rockets have front tire size options for 17"

Very true, very true, indeed! :thumbsup:
The OEM front circumference is 3.7" larger than the 140/70R17 front circumference of 79.38".
Less circumference than that will fall below the rear to front circumference ratio acceptable to the ECU, which will fault the ABS.
NOTE:
After much trial and error, I have found the best handling front tire to be the Michelin Road 5, 150/70R17, rear tire run backwards on the front.
Tis the same circumference as the 140/75R17 tire. The Road 5 is also wider and improves lean response, allowing increased lean angles with improved traction.
Just my opinion based upon my riding experience. :D

Back