I'm Back! And in one piece!

snuffcityrider

Living Legend
Just got back from my 2258 mile epic journey. It kicked off with meeting another Rocket couple in Decatur Tx., and then off to Tucumcari N.M. on route 66, then to Las Vegas, N.M. then to Taos, Durango, Silverton and to Ouray down the Million Dollar Hwy ( aka. million pot hole hwy) then back to Durango. Next were off to Santa Fe with 30 mile an hour winds and 55 mph gust. For hours we rode at a 45 degree angle do to the wind. We left Santa Fe to Roswell and at Clines Corners had to stop because we had been hammered with the same winds except unlike the blast furnice the day before, we was pelted with sleet in route to Ruidoso. It was really hard to know how to dress. We partied with the Alien's in Roswell (I swear I saw one) and then back home through some of the ugliest lands that Texas has to offer. I will start posting some pics tommrow. Praise the Lord that we and our friends made it all the way without any mishaps! The Russell day long saddle works well. I had monkey butt today, but it was a 12 hour day, and after 10 days in the saddle or any thing else for that matter the butt starts to rebel. And the Progressive 412's worked like a charm. I was loaded to the hilt and was only on the 2nd setting. So I would recommend both of these products. The R3 really shines in the mountains with all the torque, very little shifting and 40 mpg's while putting around. Tommrow I trade my handle bars for my push mower... welcome back to reality!:D:cool:

hey,hey Snuff!

was wonderin' bout ya on the way to new ulm. we had blast riding up and back. hope you,sunshine and tx can hook up next year. y'all will really have a good time. any ways i'm glad you made back okay........

greg

Snuff:

Sounds like a trip you won't forget. Glad you and the Beast made it back. I'll bet the Clearview was a blessing during the wind and sleet.

Glad to hear y'all made it! Sounds like a blast! Should take a picture of your bike before you wash it... hahaha. Here's mine at a rally in Oklahoma City last year. I just posted a link because the pic is pretty big.

So.. is Natalie ever riding on the bike again?

http://www.dawnanddave.net/images/sparks07/8AA.JPG
She loved it! She would leave tommrow if we had the vacation time saved up.

Back