I'm a kid in a candy store.

RocketDaryl

Top Fuel
Ride
2019 Indian Scout Sixty
I don't know about you guys, but I rarely get out of the dealership without spending more money than I intended. I was in there a couple of weeks ago to pick up my new shield (Roadster Blade). I intended to pay $210 plus tax and be on my way. That's not what happened, however. I ended up buying some clothing items and my total bill ended up at around $275. I'd been wanting Triumph hat (I love ball caps) and finally found one I liked. Additionally, they had a shirt that I couldn't resist. It says "Rocket III" and then under is "Here Piggy, Piggy, Piggy". I have a friend that constantly brags about how fast his Screaming Eagle Ultra Glide is. I thought it would be nice to get a shirt to wear around him. :D

I go to the dealer again yesterday intending to pay for the Rivco risers I ordered and the installation labor. Once again, good intentions don't mean squat once I start looking around. I've been looking for a lightweight ventilated jacket with the protection pads in it. I've found a couple, but they either didn't fit or were more money than I want to spend. Well, yesterday the dealer had a discontinued Triumph brand jacket that was exactly what I've been looking for. It was on the clearance rack for half off. I had to buy it, right?

Harley guys/gals will tell you HD doesn't stand for Harley Davidson. It stands for "Hundred Dollars" because that's the minimum you're going to spend if you go there. Well, it appears I have the same problem with Triumph.

You know, I really am a disciplined, certified tight wad in all other areas of my life. :confused:

I ride with a guy who has a SE Ultra Classic 110" blah blah and it's comical how fast the R3 leaves him in the dust. It takes his VTX 1800 with NOx to beat me!
Kinda ticks hi m off-which is the whole point (he's that type and did it to me on my America). Pay-back is sweet.......

Good for you Daryl!!!! I am about to embark on the same trip as you. I know I need some things and once I get there Im gonna be spending but only on what I need!! Right??!!!! So in the economic times I will join you in creating our own economic hardship! and if the banks need another bailout because I charged the crap out of my card.................................I wont feel that bad. As long as my dealer gets paid. I am the same as you daryl, somewhat tight with my money pay my bills, live within my means, yada yada yada so I wont fret when it comes to spending a little extra on some enjoyment. Life is too short, mine as well enjoy it while im here!!!:D:D

mutt

Daryl, I know what you mean about the shirt, I bought two of them when I was stateside. I mailed one of them here before I left and the foot locker (51 lbs worth) arrived two days ago and I am wearing that shirt today.

Dennis

86 dtg Dubai
87 dtg Home

triumph gear sale

If you like triumph gear there is an internet store going out of business and selling there inventory for pennys on the dollar Untitled Document I just picked up 5 triumph t shirts that range in price from 29 - 59 dollars for $10.00 each.

Back