Identify right Tune for my Rocket

RoyalSnake

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket3
Hello experts,
I have a Rocket roadster 2018 with Dave Platt slip on exhausts i believe (it came like this from previous owner) I am not sure if cat was removed or not. Can someone look at these picture and identify if any other mods were done to exhausts?
20221116_121111.jpg
20221116_121052.jpg
20221116_121121.jpg
20221116_121150.jpg

I have ordered RamAir intake setup and will fit soon, also ordered Lonelec OBD cable for TuneECU but not sure what tune to go for, appreciate any help on this

Stock crossover does not have a cat in ABS model post 2010 Roadsters, ONLY in the earlier 2004 -2009 Rocket IIIs.
The stock 'boxy' crossover is not a performance flow improver though!
The cats are in the stock muffler cans and they are very heavy. The Dave Platt slipons should be straight through. no centre baffle but a drilled pierced centre pipe with usually fiberglass packing around to dissipate gas velocity and much , much lighter than the stock cans with cats.

The tunes are in the Resources forum, but I am pretty ignorant about which is best and how to download but it is all there I believe, and many willing to guide you through.

To

Stock crossover does not have a cat in ABS model post 2010 Roadsters, ONLY in the earlier 2004 -2009 Rocket IIIs.
The stock 'boxy' crossover is not a performance flow improver though!
The cats are in the stock muffler cans and they are very heavy. The Dave Platt slipons should be straight through. no centre baffle but a drilled pierced centre pipe with usually fiberglass packing around to dissipate gas velocity and much , much lighter than the stock cans with cats.

The tunes are in the Resources forum, but I am pretty ignorant about which is best and how to download but it is all there I believe, and many willing to guide you through.

To
Thanks mate, that was very helpful information, yes the stock mufflers are very heavy indeed.

ok, RAMAIR is installed and 18min tune done. Now looking a good tune with TuneEcu for RamAir + Dave plat slip-ons for 2018 Roadster. Anyone has similar setup have some recommendations?

ok, RAMAIR is installed and 18min tune done. Now looking a good tune with TuneEcu for RamAir + Dave plat slip-ons for 2018 Roadster. Anyone has similar setup have some recommendations?
You can read the tune reviews on the resource page. I thinks there is a Honso tune you might like. Remember from 2010 on the bikes didn't change much so any tune from then to 2018 would be probably be ok as a starting point with a goal of finding a good tuner to finish the job.

Back