I often second guess my skills...but I can tell you between the maintenance manual, acquiring the correct tool and this forum... you'll do well. Go take a look at @idk signature block and look at some resources you can download. Then of course, you need to take a ride and see if she speaks to you. The only point I will make, and it's personal to each Captain, is I don't expect an '05 to have ABS. I have a '14 and it does, but it's my first ABS bike.
-MIG
Yeah, I think ABS came out from 2010.
Funnily enough, I had a 1994 BMW with ABS and heated grips. This was before most cars had ABS.

it is an 05 standard the others was 06 & up.
nice looking bike extras bags, screen, floor boards ,front crash bars, grips
i think it is worth the money
i would get it into 2nd at about 20 mph and wot it to check the transmission for the popping out of second problem
but if u have never ridden an r3 it will be a pucker moment. make sure u r on a good open rode and u dont panic easy

Nice looking bike. Definitely a stand, or original model, but with some nice, and expensive, after market add ons. If it doesn't jump out of 2nd gear with hard acceleration, and everything else looks okay, then you will probably have a nice bike.

Check the link in my signature for some useful stuff.

it is an 05 standard the others was 06 & up.
nice looking bike extras bags, screen, floor boards ,front crash bars, grips
i think it is worth the money
i would get it into 2nd at about 20 mph and wot it to check the transmission for the popping out of second problem
but if u have never ridden an r3 it will be a pucker moment. make sure u r on a good open rode and u dont panic easy

i guess i should have said that u dont have to wind it up just a couple of seconds will work to check it out.
a couple of seconds will be all you can stand :laugh: :laugh:

EDIT
PS make sure u r leaning forward so it wont pull your hands off the bars

i guess i should have said that u dont have to wind it up just a couple of seconds will work to check it out.
a couple of seconds will be all you can stand :laugh: :laugh:

EDIT
PS make sure u r leaning forward so it wont pull your hands off the bars
And be sure to have a price you are comfortable with ahead of time cause once you do the 2nd gear PULL the smile won't leave your face and its all over from there.... happen to me when I went to get mine 😄🤘

Ask the owner if any factory updates were done to the bike. There were a good number of recalls and improvements made related to 2nd gear, clutch lifter shaft/piece, ignition switch/headlight wiring, cam chain guides, etc. These don't necessarily need to be done since a lot of fellows are still running their early Rockets without them but it could give you peace of mind. Also the Corbin bags and windshield new are worth at least $4000 and highly sought after. If the ride didn't work out, you could sell the set and recoup a lot of your original purchase. Those go quick when they come up for sale.

First...welcome aboard. The bike looks clean enough...If it were me, ide be looking at how tidy the bike was first...paint, dents things like that. If you have to repair mechanical issues it can be costly so will you be wanting to keep the bike like 'forever'!...if so, then you will end up with a good keeper but at what ever it costs to keep it top notch. Its what we tend to do i guess. If the body is untidy, it will never look good despite touch ups. I prefer the original look...and going well!.
Have you ever witnessed guys looking at a real nice bike and the first thing they say is "F*ck that's tidy!.....how does it go?"

Back