I sold the R3T today 😢

> How do you deal with all the idiots on Craigslist?

Oh man, ain't that the truth! My favorite is "How much for cash?" and all I can say is, I dunno, man, I was kinda holding out for beaver pelts.

My second favorites were (after several back and forth texts and questions and answers), "Almost forgot to ask, can you send me the VCB papers?" and another guy's "Can you send me the RV Report?" like those are something everybody who sells a bike has standing by.

[me] Sorry, man, I don't know what you're talking about. [him] "You don't? It's the standard verification papers you use when you sell a motorcycle, you get it from [editor's note: I'm not going to include the URLs of these scam sites] Oh, forgot to ask you your name, By the way I'm Fred/Tom."

[me] No, Mr. Fred/Tom, I'm not going to send twenty five bucks to some third party to audition for you to buy my bike. [Fred/Tom] "Well, I'm not going to take a day off to come down/up from Portland/Medford to buy your motorcycle without verification." [me] What do you want verified? [Fred/Tom] "I want to be sure it hasn't been in an accident." [me] Of COURSE it's been in an accident. Didn't you read the ad? Didn't you look at the photos? It got rear-ended, there's no rear fender or tail lights or left turn signals and one of the headlights is busted. If it HADN'T been in an accident it wouldn't be THREE GRAND. Goodbye.

[Fred/Tom] "I guess you don't really want to sell it."

[me] Goodbye!
Or they ask "whats the least you'll take". I'll say maybe you should come look at it before we talk price. Either some scam angle, or they're just stupid.

Small world, my '06 Classic was originally sold by Rocket Motorcycles in San Diego, still have the Rocket logoed plate frame on the bike and I lived in Odessa, between Tampa and Clearwater 1998 to 2003. You just sold an R3T and I just bought one. And get this......in High School I wore the same glasses as you are wearing in your picture! Maybe we are related. :)
Now get this, I live in Austria and my first Rocket was sold by a dealer in Odessa, Florida. The world is a somewhat bigger village.

Back