I may..or may not have ruined a M109 rider

You are what we call a Homer....the conversation had nothing to do with him obtaining more power. He was intrigued that it could be changed for a $20 cable.Truth be known,it was a rather attractive bike,liquid cooled. He likes his bike alot,just wants.something different.
I'll add 109 to the BIG list of bikes you don't like. Glad I had a discussion with him about using dry shine......would have been a sin to waste a can of pledge on such an inferior steed:sick:.
FOR your info I had a 109 and raced it for years so you cant tell me anything about the bike you never owned one I liked the bike but I like the Rocket better for obviuos reasons so why dont you go and rub one out with your dry shine HUMMER

Sounds great,give it a nice shine:thumbsup:, without the oily film of pledge..we ALL KNOW you love your rocket,try dialing it back about 20%,say less,it means more would serve you well;).

Sounds great,give it a nice shine:thumbsup:, without the oily film of pledge..we ALL KNOW you love your rocket,try dialing it back about 20%,say less,it means more would serve you well;).
PRACTICE what you preach and stop try to control what others say the 109 was a project bike and I tuned and DRAG RACED and it ran well I do like the 109 but as we know the Rocket does everything better thats a fact

Go back to original post,I was quoting the opinion of the bike owner himself,he has no interest in all the potential HP,he wants the same set up as me. Anyways...your bike is better,it's always better,more power.so on and so forth,glad you enjoy it.:thumbsup:,don't worry,I have no interest in controlling what you say,It would rob me of entertainment :sneaky:.

A C109RT Boulevard nearly ruined me ,worse handling bike I have ever had ,bought brand new and I flipped it 12 Months later after a couple of near death experiences ,
I had an 08 C109r until last year when I purchased my rocket. I put almost 60k miles on her and loved every minute of it. I even took her down the dragon many times. 1 up and 2. Scraping running boards and tailpipe the entire time. I had no problem with the handing of the 109. Great bike. My wife wishes I still had it. She definitely prefers the C109r better than the rocket.
That all said. ..I love my rocket. But there is nothing wrong with the 109.

I came to the Rocket III from an M109R I was riding for 5 years. I really liked it, lots of customization options and very cool looking, but it lacked severely in a number of areas including quality of parts and transmission issues. I still think about that bike but the Rocket is so much better in almost every way.
I came from an M109R also, and feel exactly the same way...

I had C109RT in 31\2 years put 77,50+ miles on it the only problem I had clutch cable broke at55,000 mi..

Never rode a 109. The neighbor down the road has one. When I first got the Rocket X He sort of challenge me in a friendly run. He only did that one time. He had no idea that the Rocket was a 2300. Matter of fact he did not even know that Truimph still made motorcycles.

Last edited:
Back