I may..or may not have ruined a M109 rider

Sensfan

Top Fuel
Ride
2013 R3T
On the Ride For Her for Ovarian Cancer,got hooked up with a BLVD M109 rider with us. I get asked alot of questions about my ride,nothing like him though. He was practically drooling the entire time,every stop was more and more questions. When I told him that alot of previous rides of R3 owners had 109's,he completely understood. After the event was over,he was going to the Triumph dealership to check it out.The only one in stock here is a Roadster, he wants an R3T,pretty sure we'll see him soon on the site:p. My wife even made the comment that he was completely in love with my ride,hopefully,we have converted another to the Rocket familia :)

A C109RT Boulevard nearly ruined me ,worse handling bike I have ever had ,bought brand new and I flipped it 12 Months later after a couple of near death experiences ,

A C109RT Boulevard nearly ruined me ,worse handling bike I have ever had ,bought brand new and I flipped it 12 Months later after a couple of near death experiences ,

I can't speak for the C, but I had the M and I gotta say it gets a bad rap for its handling. If ridden within it's lean angles, it actually handles fairly well, but the M sits so low that it doesn't have much clearance for leaning before you start dragging parts. It can't compare to the R3R because it can be leaned a lot further...

He was in the same line as me staggered ahead,I saw nice smooth corners,he didn't seem to have any issues with a quick push to get around some of the bad manholes. Overall IMHO,it was a pretty nice bike,he loved the dual pipe set up on the R3T,he was especially keen on a $20 cable giving him more HP.:rolleyes:

I came to the Rocket III from an M109R I was riding for 5 years. I really liked it, lots of customization options and very cool looking, but it lacked severely in a number of areas including quality of parts and transmission issues. I still think about that bike but the Rocket is so much better in almost every way.

I came to the Rocket III from an M109R I was riding for 5 years. I really liked it, lots of customization options and very cool looking, but it lacked severely in a number of areas including quality of parts and transmission issues. I still think about that bike but the Rocket is so much better in almost every way.

The engine in the 109 is a great unit what lets the bike down is the tractor like gear box, plastic everything ,sub standard chrome and a clutch cable that Mr Suzuki must have left over from when they made bicycles and made too many brake cables ,I broke two in 12 months, compared to the R3T the C109RT was a shocking thing in any corner other than long gentle freeway curves, and they all sound horrible no matter what is done to the exhaust system.

The engine in the 109 is a great unit what lets the bike down is the tractor like gear box, plastic everything ,sub standard chrome and a clutch cable that Mr Suzuki must have left over from when they made bicycles and made too many brake cables ,I broke two in 12 months, compared to the R3T the C109RT was a shocking thing in any corner other than long gentle freeway curves, and they all sound horrible no matter what is done to the exhaust system.
WELL the 109 is just another V TWIN and cant compare to the bigger better ROCKET engine so what would you expect none of the Vtwin cruiser engines can match the ROCKET and none have the potential of the ROCKET if you choose to modify your ride

WELL the 109 is just another V TWIN and cant compare to the bigger better ROCKET engine so what would you expect none of the Vtwin cruiser engines can match the ROCKET and none have the potential of the ROCKET if you choose to modify your ride
You are what we call a Homer....the conversation had nothing to do with him obtaining more power. He was intrigued that it could be changed for a $20 cable.Truth be known,it was a rather attractive bike,liquid cooled. He likes his bike alot,just wants.something different.
I'll add 109 to the BIG list of bikes you don't like. Glad I had a discussion with him about using dry shine......would have been a sin to waste a can of pledge on such an inferior steed:sick:.

Back