I hope this is an easy question for someone!

@Ishrub I got a set of 8813s delivered today. They work like a charm!

Thanks again.
I see you havent been active here for a while but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask...what year is your rocket? And to confirm, you used them for driver floorboard installation? I tried out a set of 8813s toreplace my DRIVER pegs with kuryakyn mini floorboards, and they didnt fit at all. There was a flat side that prevented them from folding up, and there was a ton of fore/aft slop. I thought of adding spacers, but that wouldn't fix the fact that the spring wouldn't seat properly, either. I didn't spend too much time looking at the passenger pegs, but I think they may fit the rear on a 2015 roadster, but definitely not the front, unless I'm really dumb which is possible. Looking at the 8905, I think those look like the correct design, assuming the width is correct.

I see you havent been active here for a while but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask...what year is your rocket? And to confirm, you used them for driver floorboard installation? I tried out a set of 8813s toreplace my DRIVER pegs with kuryakyn mini floorboards, and they didnt fit at all. There was a flat side that prevented them from folding up, and there was a ton of fore/aft slop. I thought of adding spacers, but that wouldn't fix the fact that the spring wouldn't seat properly, either. I didn't spend too much time looking at the passenger pegs, but I think they may fit the rear on a 2015 roadster, but definitely not the front, unless I'm really dumb which is possible. Looking at the 8905, I think those look like the correct design, assuming the width is correct.

It is in his Avatar block and he fitted 'switchblade' type pegs not foot boards. Foot boards usually REQUIRE SPLINED ADAPTORS SEE sf CODED ONES BELOW.
Ride:
‘05 Rocket III,

All the R3 Std/Classic and later ABS Roadster models with two headlights share the SAME front and rear peg adaptors.

Footpeg Adapters.
Kuryakyn Footpeg Adapters R3R (Pair) Part #'s
Tapered (T) & Splined (S) Front (F) & Rear (R)
:
TF KY-8840
TR KY-8802
SF KY-8813
SF KY-8815
SR KY-8808

Eg. 'KY-8808' or 'Kuryakyn 8808' etc for the rear.

mORE DETAILS IN pOST#10 ABOVE.

The R3 Touring ones may be different as they're foot boards front and rear.;):D:cool:

Last edited:
It is in his Avatar block
Ride:
‘05 Rocket III,

Floor boards require SPLINED not Post or Stem adaptors as per one of my posts.

All the R3 Std/Classic and later ABS Roadster models with two headlights share the SAME front and rear peg adaptors.

The R3 Touring ones may be different as they're foot boards front and rear.;):D:cool:
The ones I have are splined, and the box says they are be compatible with "'04-,'13 rockets For mounting floorboards only", but I think you're right in that they'll only work if your Rocket came with floorboards (touring). The 8905 says it works for driver or passenger board mounting, I forget what years it claims to be compatible with, but the design looks to be what I need. Hopefully I won't have to make any more returns. Thanks.

The ones I have are splined, and the box says they are be compatible with "'04-,'13 rockets For mounting floorboards only", but I think you're right in that they'll only work if your Rocket came with floorboards (touring). The 8905 says it works for driver or passenger board mounting, I forget what years it claims to be compatible with, but the design looks to be what I need. Hopefully I won't have to make any more returns. Thanks.

You are NOT reading through ANY of the descriptions!
I have edited and cleaned up the Amazon listing description below.

The Kuryakyn 8905 is a later Satin Black version which fits TRIUMPH model peg mounts but some may be for FRONT and some may be for BACK. These 8905 are FRONT ONLY for R3s as detailed in the online description.

There are now also Kuryakyn Adaptors
which have an 'adaptor for the adaptor' to allow use either Front or Rear!!;):confused::eek::roll::whitstling::whitstling:

Compatible with Triumph models
Using front OEM peg mounts only:

All '04-'18 Rocket III;
'10-'18 Thunderbird Storm

Using Rear OEM Peg Mounts Only:

'96-'01 Bonneville SE, '02-'18 Bonneville T100 Front or Rear OEM Peg Mounts: '95-'03
Thunderbird, '98-'03 Thunderbird Sport, '96-'01 Adventurer, '99-'01 Legend, '02-'10 Bonneville America, '03-'18 Speedmaster

Kuryakyn 8905 Splined Male Mount Peg Adapters for Front/Rear Footpegs and Floorboards: 1995-2018 Triumph Motorcycles, Satin Black, 1 Pair

All '04-'18 Rocket III; '10-'18 Thunderbird Storm

'96-'01 Bonneville SE, '02-'18 Bonneville T100 Front or Rear OEM Peg Mounts: '95-'03 Thunderbird, '98-'03 Thunderbird Sport, '96-'01 Adventurer, '99-'01 Legend, '02-'10 Bonneville America, '03-'18 Speedmaster

7180sc777EL._AC_SX679_PIbundle-2,TopRight,0,0_SH20_.jpg

Some of the code number differences are solely due to color such as Chrome, Black, Gunmetal which is why over time more options have become available. I believe some may also be availab;le extended length mnow. Over time a number of peg mount designs have become standardized across brands and different models allowing a wider choice of alternatives of both pegs/boards and adaptors.

I often buy Chinese eBay pegs and boards listed for other Metric brands and models because you can check the Kuryakyn adaptor fitments to work out which Metric Jap and Euro bikes have the same mounts as our R3s, even if they are in reverse use. i.e. our back fits their front and or vice versa.

You can mount floor boards or pegs on R3 Stds/Classics and Roadster front or rear or both. R3 Tourings can ONLY git factory floor boards and do NOT require any adaptors as no ready to go peg option.

Theo R3 Stds/Classics and Roadster Splined adaptors differ for front or rear as do the tapered peg adaptors to allow use of Kutyakyn or Harley pegs etc.

The Kuryakyn 8905 is a later Satin Black version which fits TRIUMPH model peg mounts but some may be for FRONT and some may be for BACK. These 8905 are FRONT ONLY for R3s as detailed in the online description.

which have an 'adaptor for the adaptor' to allow use either Front or Rear!!;):confused::eek::roll::whitstling::whitstling:

All '04-'18 Rocket III;

'96-'01 Bonneville SE, '02-'18 Bonneville T100 Front or Rear OEM Peg Mounts: '95-'03
Thunderbird, '98-'03 Thunderbird Sport, '96-'01 Adventurer, '99-'01 Legend, '02-'10 Bonneville America, '03-'18 Speedmaster

Kuryakyn 8905 Splined Male Mount Peg Adapters for Front/Rear Footpegs and Floorboards: 1995-2018 Triumph Motorcycles, Satin Black, 1 Pair

'96-'01 Bonneville SE, '02-'18 Bonneville T100 Front or Rear OEM Peg Mounts: '95-'03 Thunderbird, '98-'03 Thunderbird Sport, '96-'01 Adventurer, '99-'01 Legend, '02-'10 Bonneville America, '03-'18 Speedmaster

Some of the code number differences are solely due to color such as Chrome, Black, Gunmetal which is why over time more options have become available. I believe some may also be availab;le extended length mnow. Over time a number of peg mount designs have become standardized across brands and different models allowing a wider choice of alternatives of both pegs/boards and adaptors.

I often buy Chinese eBay pegs and boards listed for other Metric brands and models because you can check the Kuryakyn adaptor fitments to work out which Metric Jap and Euro bikes have the same mounts as our R3s, even if they are in reverse use. i.e. our back fits their front and or vice versa.

You can mount floor boards or pegs on R3 Stds/Classics and Roadster front or rear or both. R3 Tourings can ONLY git factory floor boards and do NOT require any adaptors as no ready to go peg option.

Theo R3 Stds/Classics and Roadster Splined adaptors differ for front or rear as do the tapered peg adaptors to allow use of Kutyakyn or Harley pegs etc.[/QUOTE

Sorry, you already addressed this....front only

"but the 8905 lists as front and rear compatible, I think it said it includes spacers, which i think would be used for front board mounting"

All '04-'18 Rocket III;

Theo R3 Stds/Classics and Roadster Splined adaptors differ for front or rear as do the tapered peg adaptors to allow use of Kutyakyn or Harley pegs etc.
So I originally posted a bit of a long response detailing my situation further, but it's not showing for some reason. Perhaps it didnt meet moderators approval if I was just adding to the confusion.
In short, I thought I should have required the same adapters as AmLit. He stated he had Swingwing pegs (which differ from switchblade pegs), swingwings use splined adapters whereas switchblade use tapered. He stated that he was successful using the (splined) 8813s on the front, but they did not fit my front oem peg mounts at all, hence my confusion. Sorry to all if I'm being a PITA, but I'm just trying to clear up what has been lost in translation, most likely due to a comprehension error on my part.

Back