Welcome to the site, you will be glad in the long run you went with a Classic over Touring if you are into performance. Since you are on the fence over PCIII vs Tuneboy, this is the place to do your research. They both get you to the finish line, just by different routes.

Wow, thanks for the welcome. There does seem to be more than a few Texans here. Biker1059, thanks for the heads up; still learning about the GI Pro - I didn't realize how much more it did. Maybe a little more research is in order; I'm also looking at the Veypor units so I could get the gear indicator there I think. Tdragger, I have family in Arlington and Fredericksburg; I would have loved to ride out for the Cherry Blossom Festival this year. But alas, the lovely wife is very, very pregnant with our first child, so I'll have to miss the Leakey ride too (some of the best riding in Texas) since he is due April 24th.

Thanks everyone, and I hope to see some of you Texas riders (and everyone else) out on the road. And Phil, I think the wallet is already gone...

Thanks HellFire, you posted while I was typing. I am really happy with the Classic. I rode the Touring model and loved it, and would have been very happy with it too. But I did want the power, and while I was worried about how the 240 would affect the handling, it looks awesome (on a bike this big visually, you almost need the 240 for balance - the 180 almost looks small under there). As it turns out, the 240 is really no big deal (probably don't need to scrape the boards too often anyways) and the only other thing I miss from the Touring is the locking hard bags. Hopefully, I can fix that with the Beetle Bags soon.

Now if I could only fix the heavy throttle and the fuel mileage...

The only bikes the dealer had when I bought it was an assembled touring and a standard still in the crate. I road the touring, and then bought the standard still in the box. What a difference, it was probably desperation or settling on what they had at the time, but I'm soo glad I didn't get the touring.

Don't get me wrong, the touring model test ride sold me on the Rocket ... I just had no idea at the time there was a tuning difference. And boy is there a tuning difference!
I was one of those guys who found this site AFTER buying the bike. Didn't even know that triumph detuned the R3 in 1st through 3rd until reading about it here. This site is a goldmine !

Didn't even know that triumph detuned the R3 in 1st through 3rd until reading about it here. This site is a goldmine !

You said it! I have learned a boatload since finding this site. I knew from the salesman they changed the tuning (a LOT less HP for very little TQ increase) and was already scheming how to get it back if I went with the Touring. But I'm really happy I ended up with the Classic. And with the help of this site, I've learned about things like the 1-3 robbery you mentioned, the secondaries, etc. I am going to get in so much trouble...

Welome to the the site and Rocket ownership. I have a red and black '06 classic with the beetle bags and I love it. The throttle is connected to the smile muscles.

I'm literally just up the road from you and I believe there is one other member from your neck of the woods as well. Maybe a get-together of southeast Houston Rocket owners is in order.

Assuming you bought from British USA? A good dealer makes all the difference.

You made the right choice with the Classic. I rode the touring for several days and was disappointed in it. Much less grunt. But the narrow rear tire did help with the turning.

You came to the right place for the "Rocketpedia". Enjoy the site and the new ride.

Welcome from just North of the Red River. Good luck with your new ride.
Do you Texas guys go to the Brit Bike rally in New Ulm ? Hoping to make it down there and hopefully meet some of you guys ,seems to be a few of you from around Houston. Stay safe out there....

for the texans in the houston area. There is a get together of european bikes on thursday night at Sixth street grill in the heights. goes from 7 to 10. then if there is enough bikes, do a imprompto ride to another place for a final beer.
I have not gone yet, just found out about it last week, going to be there this week with the girlfriend. (try not to harrass her to much, she drive a harley)

Welcome from Cypress, Texas just northwest of you. Check out the Triumphrat.net Rides & Events - Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums. Good group of people in both the northeast and new west side group. We try to ride aleast once a month. Hope to see you soon and ride.

Back