Howdy from SE Texas

witness

.020 Over
Hey folks,
The name is Chuck ... also go by roadname of Witness ...

I am located SSW of Houston, Texas ... ride with an MM.

Have been riding most all my life ... HD and some metrics ... been on a Victory TC the last three years ... got a good deal from a private seller last weekend on an 06 Red/White Rocket III Classic (had 407 miles on it).

I think I am gonna really like the Triumph ... will be searching stuff here for info on some bags and windshield, etc.

Thanks,
Chuck

Welcome Chuck!!

It will be hard to pass the Rocket up to ride something else :D.... most low mile used Rockets come from owners who are scared of it... its a hell of a bike!!

Tomo

Thanks ...

Yep ... the guy who bought it new last month decided it was too much bike for him ... he said it was the weight, maybe it was ... but I think it was also a bit intimidating for him. I have put about 400 mile on it ... like it ...

Chuck

South By South West

Witness...... Sounds like someone else's problem was a solution to your riding needs. Sounds like you've ridden it enough to enjoy and appreciate what the bike has to offer. I'm glad you've joined us and hope you'll take advantage of the site to learn lots of things about an R3 and the people who ride them.

You might want to check out the section titled "Prop Wand" and then go to FAQ. There are a bunch of good leads for OEM and after market equipment. I'm very happy with my Clearview Shield which is 5 inches higher than the Triumph Roadster shield and you can have them install an adjustable air vent when ordering.

Have fun and welcome

Welcome Witness

You will enjoy the R/3. There is about everything you need to know about a Rocket somewhere on this site. Join in on the conversation often, and enjoy those Texas open roads.....

Welcome witness!:)

I love a "good deal story". Some Rockets ARE traded because of the intimidation factor in one's own mind. Heck i bought mine partly TO BE the intimidation factor.:D

Enjoy the site as it is loaded with stuff,..... fun, serious, and tech all rolled into one.

All

Thanks for the welcome. I have already mined a lot of good ideas from the forum ... now I'll just have to apply a little $ to some of them :)

Chuck

Hi witness,I think you found the best deal to come in some time.You may find it to be preferable to other rides.It does just about everything well.I scoured this site before I got mine and havn't been disapointed with any advice and learn something everytime I look.Welcome.

welcome

Welcome witness. I have some leather Triumph bags and want to sell them and put on the corbin beatle bags. If you are interested send me a message. Welcome to the site, lots of fun here, and plenty of the tech stuff for us gearheads.

Back