HIM57

.040 Over
Ride
2008 Triumph Rocket 3 Classic
Mananged to change my clutch lifter, oil change but on fireing up I notice the water pump getting hot after 5 mins tick over.
I know I must of missed something here - are there special considerations when putting it back on?

Many thanks in advance

Its tang driven from the oil pump shaft. I'm not sure if you got the pump in right. I would drain and pull the front cover off the pump. See if you can spin the impeller if you can its not being driven. You will need to fix that and make sure you did not damage the shaft. You didn't pull the clutch basket off did you? I would not run it until your sure its right

Its tang driven from the oil pump shaft. I'm not sure if you got the pump in right. I would drain and pull the front cover off the pump. See if you can spin the impeller if you can its not being driven. You will need to fix that and make sure you did not damage the shaft. You didn't pull the clutch basket off did you? I would not run it until your sure its right

Thanks - took front cover off and could not spin. Dared to start the motor for 5 seconds and its spinning the impeller

Thanks - took front cover off and could not spin. Dared to start the motor for 5 seconds and its spinning the impeller
Cool, is there any rub marks inside the pump if not then you sound safe there. When you did the lifter shaft and you filled the bike back up did you bleed the air out of the head. Right above the thermostat housing there is a bleed screw. Also you did remember to plug the fan back in? Just touching on a few things that get missed.

Cool, is there any rub marks inside the pump if not then you sound safe there. When you did the lifter shaft and you filled the bike back up did you bleed the air out of the head. Right above the thermostat housing there is a bleed screw. Also you did remember to plug the fan back in? Just touching on a few things that get missed.

Yes - did the bleed screw thing- fan connected - my concern was how quickly it got hot.

Many thanks for your help

Yes - did the bleed screw thing- fan connected - my concern was how quickly it got hot.

Many thanks for your help
No problem if you jave tune ecu you can fire her up watch her warm up so you can mak sure she is not getting to hot. Its probably fine but its great to see someone extra careful.

Back