Is now the state law here in Kentucky that if you're working around a highway you have to have a vest or shirt neon green with reflective tape when they shoot a news video the newscasters have to wear them, I figure it will not be long before all motorcycles riders will have to have them maybe we can get one of those orange brushes to put across the top of our helmet that should really set it off :eek:

Day-glo vests the agenda here too they reckon.. time be better spent banning dickheads from wearing i-pods when driving. Was bad enough with cd players , windows up , air con on.. is it any wonder they don't hear or see us. Kicking a side mirror off seems to get their attention i've found !!!

Love your style TC. :p Before I had a licence I bought a Suzuki 250 dirt bake and my brother came with me to ride it home. A cager cut him off so he rode up next to it and kicked to door in. Almost dropped the bike but it was bloody funny. Car didn't stop though; reckon they were ****ting themselves.

While I don't fancy wearing a flouro vest it's sort of funny imagining the Rebels being "made" to do it....... :D Of course I use the term "made" loosely. ;)

Ive had just about enough of being told what I can and can't do or wear.I own and operate a crane truck for a living. Hard hats, dayglow vests,prestart forms,daily inspections, quarterly inspections,anual inspections, sight evaluation,witches hats, drivers diary,stand in the green square,don't go within 5 meters of the fork lift, don't get on the tray of your own truck,you must have 3 reflective tryangles,you must have 2 spare ropes, you must carry a fire extingisher,revolving light, long sleeves, long pants,ear protection, eye protection,must carry all relevent forms and up to date paper work,must have work place health and safety plan for every possible senario. So I don't want to wear dayglow while riding my bike officer is that OK.

Sorry had a run in with a bloke with OH and S officer on his hard hat.

Day-glo vest wouldn't have made any difference last time i was cut-off about a week ago . Prick seen me coming and still swerved into my lane, , i just braked in time. He would have joined the minus-a-mirror-mob had there not been a coppers car just back in the traffic :D Out of interest i was on the Thunderbird on my way to work... certainly aware the Rocket gets a lot more respect in traffic. Up the middle of slow moving cars at pace it's a bit like the ' parting of the seas' as cars get outa the way for you :D

Yeah, I've noticed that since I've had the big beast too.
As you come up behind a car they seem to want to run off the road to make room for me.
Wish they wouldn't tho. All there doing is chucking rocks and shet up in front of me and making me back off.
If there's a 200m break in front from oncomings then they are only a hinderence to me for about .3 of a second anyway, so just stay on the f~(king road and let me worry about getting round you.

Back