Hi from New Zealand

Welcome

I was going to post a thread about wanting to find out if anyone is making a ferring for the Rocket that has the electronics in it i.e. sound, gps, etc. let me know if you know anyone producing something like that. Glad to have you with us.

A racer

I appreciate your candor and that you race a good bit. This is a bad question I know however we as riders of the monster on a regular basis sometimes open her up and run thru some twisties and have to ask if in the future there might be a race version of the beast. I know it is a challenge considering the sheer weight and mass but that can be trimmed quite a bit. Just a thought, oh and welcome and lets see some of your stuff?

Ray,

I, too, have been looking for the ever-elusive, full-function fairing... I have issues paying $1600 USD to Corbin for a glorified windshield.

The only one that I have found that claims to fit the R3 is dragsport out of Italy ($1500- $2000 USD), but I can't seem to get any response for those folks...
http://www.rocketdragsport.com/Extreme_Design_cruiser_Dragsport.htm

I have been looking at the quadzilla fairing from Hoppe Industries trying to decide if I could "adapt it" to fit. The only problem seems to be going to a single headlamp bucket and machining some brackets to cobble it on with. There are several models for various motorcycles including the Honda VTX. $1500+

http://www.hoppeindustries.com/

Hi, Nice looking bike you have there. Do you get any grief from the law with your number plate being mounted that way and is that the light at the top of it? Who makes them as it really tidies up the rear end.

Its always nice to hear the positive feedback regarding our pipes etc., we do our best to ensure that people are happy to come aback, and or recommend us.:)

Nice to hear from fellow Kiwi's, well close enough........sorry i dont have anything of yours on my bike, but reports of your pipes and hadlebars are top shelf..

Cheers
Graeme
www.Thunderbike.co.nz

Hi, Thanks for the welcome and I`d be more than happy to show you some of what we do. To be honest we were too slow off the mark when the Rocket was launched (sorry...) and found the interest from other manufacturers to be quite intense in the early days which amongst other things led to us moving along to other models, so we haven`t got a huge range at all for the Rocket. We are actually just about to produce an oversize handlebar for the Classic models. Have a look around our site and see a bit more of what we are about if you like www.Thunderbike.co.nz and follow the links to the shopping site.

I am however very much looking forward to gaining some ideas and inspiration from you fellas here for our consideration.

As far as a race version of the Rocket is concerned if there are corners involved I`d think it quite unlikely although there is this shown on the Raask site and some others like it kicking around.....

It would be a bit of a worry I`d think - good for a bit of a laugh and the drag strip but not an awful lot else I`d think. Agility is everything in a racer.

Cheers.

I appreciate your candor and that you race a good bit. This is a bad question I know however we as riders of the monster on a regular basis sometimes open her up and run thru some twisties and have to ask if in the future there might be a race version of the beast. I know it is a challenge considering the sheer weight and mass but that can be trimmed quite a bit. Just a thought, oh and welcome and lets see some of your stuff?

Hi, Nice looking bike you have there. Do you get any grief from the law with your number plate being mounted that way and is that the light at the top of it? Who makes them as it really tidies up the rear end.

Its always nice to hear the positive feedback regarding our pipes etc., we do our best to ensure that people are happy to come aback, and or recommend us.:)

Cheers
Graeme
www.Thunderbike.co.nz

Thanks for the + comment's, bike sail's through WOF no issues with the law, number plate mounted on newr3.com plate mount, and yup I bought those side step LED's off Trademe auction paid $10 for 4 including shipping used one at the top of the plate they have 3 LED's one shine's down the outers are angled slightly looks cool when illuminated, I have one of nev's lockup clutches fitted, she pull's very hard now whenever you snap the throttle open ...:D

Hi, Thats interesting and good to know I thought the law might have some issues with it. You mention Nevs lock-up clutches, what are they I`ve missed the boat on them?

Thanks for the + comment's, bike sail's through WOF no issues with the law, number plate mounted on newr3.com plate mount, and yup I bought those side step LED's off Trademe auction paid $10 for 4 including shipping used one at the top of the plate they have 3 LED's one shine's down the outers are angled slightly looks cool when illuminated, I have one of nev's lockup clutches fitted, she pull's very hard now whenever you snap the throttle open ...:D

Hi, Thanks for that, its definitely and interesting forum with a bunch of interesting things and people to get to know. I`ll look forward to becoming more involved with time.

Cheers! :bch:

Welcome RCV5 and thanks for the bio. You sound like an interesting guy. Hope to here from you soon.:bch:

Hi, Thats interesting and good to know I thought the law might have some issues with it. You mention Nevs lock-up clutches, what are they I`ve missed the boat on them?

Nev Lush racing in Aussie supplies a billet lockup clutch top shelf piece of equipment.........

Back