Hi from Moscow, Russia

Mavreg

.020 Over
Ride
Honda CBF1000
Hi from Russia everyone!
This is gonna be my forth motorcycle year. I have just sold by Honda CBF1000 which was OK but nothing specialm and I am considering buying a Rocket 3 Roadster now. My soul wants it badly, but my mind tells me that I must be crazy. Riding a motorcycle is a lifestyle for me, I start in March right after the last snow melts and continue riding thoughout summer and autumn until average daily temperatures fall below zero degrees C, in November. I ride about 20k km per season, daily around 50km in terrible Moscow traffic, splitting lanes (as all Moscow bikers do) and a couple of longer travels per year, like 5-7k km each.
The doubts that I have are: (i) as the bike is too powerful and heavy, you can hardly ride it when it becomes cold (<7-10 degrees C), an inaccurate twist of throttle may lead to falling down because of insufficient rear wheel contact, and also when overtaking over vehicles, in bad weather conditions etc. (ii) the bike is too heavy for bad traffic, (iii) the bike is not suitable enough for longer travels, (iv) wobbling and mediocre brakes.

Everybody is trying to talk me out of buying it (they say it could be my second bike in the garage at best, not the first one), but I want this bike badly! Roadster, not touring. Please help me dispel those doubts! Thank you!

don't be afraid of the rocket. It's like a huge sabretoothed tiger which you've tamed, and it loves you. Can it get you into trouble and cause grievous injury? Yes, but you have to ask for it and deserve it before that'll happen.

I am not a super skilled rider, and I'm really not interested in the more crazy bike stunts you can do, but this thing is really easy to get used it. It takes effort, but it's not a complex beast and it really won't get away from you unless you ask it to.

Can't help you with the weather though. Get heated gear :)

Dear Mavrig , I live in Manitoba Canada. I start riding as soon as the ice is off the road. Snow is still in the ditches. I never really ever put it away. -38c this morning. I will leave it till march or april when it warms up to 0 c.
It a big machine that handles better than most Harleys. If you can see yourself riding a dresser[touring bike] this roadster is a joy to ride.

Hello Mavreg.

You need to purchase that Rocket so that you can have the title of being the First Russian Rocket Roadster Rider. As far as I know, you are the first Russian rider I've seen on this forum.

Welcome, choose the Rocket and smile.... :)

IMG_1647.JPG

Back