Fir n ith the older and newer models, one can add a one gallon tank inside the frame for an extra 25-35 miles.

Seems crazy to me Boog....to build an almost 200bhp engine and put a s*it size tank on it...who wants to keep filling up :(

RJ

Seems crazy to me Boog....to build an almost 200bhp engine and put a s*it size tank on it...who wants to keep filling up :(

RJ

I know what you're sayin' RJ. But many folks ride in town only these days or just short trips of 45-50 miles out in the country. It works well for that purpose and is still great fun to ride. I do wish Star put a bigger capacity on the new units though.

Max before.jpg

My dearly departed and Beloved 2006 VMax

Any way to do that (add a tank) to the R3T ? I'd be game. That is a common complaint about the Honda CTX700 -- gets great mileage and has a relatively large fairing under which they hide a tiny tank . . . less range than the Rocket.

Was told by Yamaha salesman you have to pay for the bike to order one .. deal is after riding it if you are unhappy payment is refunded .. yep $35,000 AUD for a new one.

Just pop over to China...$1200 US for a one year old model at the Tianjin bike market. Of course it's so hot you can hardly sit on it, you can't license it, you can't ride it into Beijing due to engine size, and you can't export it, but for that meager cost you can ride the h@ll out of it up in the mountains and throw it away when you leave the country!!

Back