dorian3084

Standard Bore
Ride
rocket 111
hi has anyone got the right answer to why my rocket runs normally then pull throttle back doesnt matter whether fast or slow it gives a Phut noise and engine cuts out ? very annoying especially in traffic

status of spark plugs? any relation with rpm? wont matter is slow or fast, spark plugs with problems usually bother at medium higher rpm.
not sure on the iii.... is that noise coming from the throttle? the throttle body? or the exhaust? is that version with cable or throttle by wire? maybe a problem with the tps?
check for false contacts in electrical wire...

need more info year/ mileage?
i assume a phut is a pop back through the throttle bodies.
if popping back through the throttle bodies might be the vacuum hoses or rubber plugs at the map sensor
welcome from arizona

if it is popping back it might blow more hoses/rubber cap plugs off.

WELCOME! ...and I see you've got lots of help already. As soon as our more technical folks get the details; you'll be off and running. I'm going to assume this is an older R3 out of warranty...
-MIG

Welcome ,
Sounds like a split or trapped vacuum hose . Go through the hoses and check for leaks , That's the first check and costs nothing .

Hello @dorian3084 and welcome from Virginia. I had a similar sounds about 50K miles ago. It developed after the shop had done some throttle body work. They had miss aligned the rubber boots going to the intake which allowed air gaps and backfires. This may not be your issue, but an air leak can cause that phenomenon at times. Look around all the hoses and boots for leaks

Back