Help! - Bar End Mirrors

TRath

Supercharged
Ride
'09 RIII Classic Custom, '82 GL500 Café, '82 CBX
Because I'm a genius, I like to spend my money on things before finding out if they work. (It's so much more exciting that way!) :whitstling:

I've finally decided to do away wit the stock Mickey Mouse ears that came on my '09 Classic, and got myself a set of Napoleon bar ends. They're the ones that came stock on the last-gen Thruxton. I've always loved them and they fit a 1" bar, so I figured I'd be ok. Spendy spendy.

Pop the bar end weights off and there looks to be a solid piece that the stock weights screw into. They look like they go in about 1/4" before narrowing and I'm guessing that bit is removable to get to the bar and get these things mounted. :banghead:

Just so I don't go breaking anything that ought not be broke, is there a trick to getting them out, or should I be looking at reselling the Napoleons :( and finding something else?

Pop the bar end weights off and there looks to be a solid piece that the stock weights screw into. They look like they go in about 1/4" before narrowing and I'm guessing that bit is removable to get to the bar and get these things mounted. :banghead:
Well unless you have a really clever way to make steel melt - they will not pop out.

They are fabricated components and Pressure Swagged in place with indents. The clutch side could be drilled out. The throttle side is more complicated as the bar is also a reduced diameter. Bloody stupid solution for hiding heated grip wires.

What size is the Bolt in the bar ends? M8? Can you not just make a sleeve and use some M6 bolts into the original threads?

How much? - Get 10 sets from China for that. In fact I have a set sat here that I bought as Blind-Spot mirrors but never fitted. 8 €uros a pair from a nice lady in Hong Kong.

They are fabricated components and Pressure Swagged in place with indents.
Also think (following a quick look at my OEM bars in the workshop) a weld there too.

Back