Hello Wilbur,.... I seeeeee youuuuuuu!

Hey Hondax, and everyone else! The trip was a blast. Went over 2000 miles, most of that in the mountains. I'll get a pic or two up in a day or so. The Rocket performed great, although the vibration is still there. Jamie and Ugarte will be proud to know that I am now grinding my pegs away. The last little bit of the hero blobs went at the Dragons Tail.:D

I really don't know what is causing my vibration. Could a bearing that was going bad have made it through this trip?

I missed you Wilbur!!! I also missed your vibe problem. Can you isolate it?

Is it more in the handle bars or the seat?

Is it more at higher RPMs or lower, and not speed related?

Or does it happen more at high speeds and isn't RPM related?

Some ideas: Loose engine mount bolt(s), tire balance, DRIVE SHAFT (that's a good one), steering head bearing adjustment, loose or broken shocks, have you lost your ECM tune? (this has happened many times)

I'm just tossing some ideas out to chew on :bch:

I missed you Wilbur!!!

I missed you too, Tomo, you sly devil!

My vib. is felt through the foot pegs, mostly the left one, between 2 and 3k rpm, light to medium throttle. Pull the clutch lever in just a little and it goes right away. Definately rpm related, speed doesent matter, which is making me think it could not be an output shaft bearing, that should be speed related.

Funny thing is, sometimes it goes away [almost] then will come back all of a sudden, usually when you are just puttering along.

I'm just gonna ride her and see what happens!

Back