Welcome aboard from Western NC. I hope you've found the solution to your shifting issue. A fix with a simple clutch adjustment would be nice.

CAUTION! That flying out of second gear could be a BIG problem and BIG $$$ I'd make sure the dealer gets it sorted out, or else run away.

I'm picking up my first Triumph today... 2016 Rocket III Roadster. I can't wait! This will be a huge change for me coming from the Yamaha sport bike over to a Rocket.

WELCOME to ya, from WA State!
Took me some time to regress from sport bikes, but the comfort trade-off to my beat up body was well worth the performance loss.

With your bike being so new I don't think yours is the big bucks repair.

Early model problems.
Mine would disengage at around 70mph in 2nd then re_engage on the dog cogs and I would carry on but last time it happened I almost filled my pants the sound it made and whole bike jumped I rode home and ordered the update kit and into the stealership for it to be fixed been running great for 15 months.

Welcome from Spring Lake Michigan ! If that bike came out of second gear even once under full power it could have rounded the engagement dogs. If you can, I would return it for a refund. Even if they can adjust the clutch and make it shift better, second gear may be a ticking a time bomb. I'm not saying don't buy a Rocket, just don't buy that one. I've had mine for 10 years and love it.

Back