I was in Longview last weekend at what was called Party in the Pines, and they had one of those portable drag racing dynos there. Part of the particapation was to have your bike weighed with you sitting on it. I was simply amazed when the the guy said the total package weighed 1016 pounds! I don't think the fuel tank was even full. Bigern

I went to a bike bike meet on my Gold wing (4 bikes back) and Dunlop had a Free tire inspection, There you also had to weigh in, they weighed weight on each axle. Two up with full saddle bags and tail trunk.
Its bad enough havin your doctor on you case, but when your tire manufacturer tells you your to heavy for your tires....what can you say.:eek:
I'm ok now my darkside tire is rated at 1566 lbs. I keep it under hard excelleration and most of the weight is on the rear:cool:.

I went and took another test ride on the victory vision yesterday. Full dressed with luggage rack/passenger back rest for the wife to enjoy. She's a somewhat large gal a little over 200lbs.As she was trying to get on, The vision laid over on its left side, yes the kickstand was up, my fault. She felt bad and didn't want to ride after that. The saleman came over and said, "don't worry, it's designed to lay over without damage", with that he (all 140 lbs of him) kicked the kickstand out from under it, and let it drop on its side, backed up to it and easily lifted it up, no damage. We then went rideing. I'm telling ya guys, for a 106C.I. v-twin, if you want comfort, check this vision out, you'll throw rocks at a gold wing after that...xhdskip

Yea Flip, I know its ugly (the victory vision i mean), but heck, thats the first thing I thought about the rocket the first time I saw it. Then as I sat there looking I thought "don't look nothin like a harley, ugly as sin, thats somethin I could get onboard with" and whatdayaknow, one test ride later and it was the most beautiful thing I ever had between my legs..Now I'm sure not saying the vision is pretty, and it sure don't run like a scalded ape either. But for a luxury true touring machine, its pretty cool. Ignore that trunk and go ride one. Then judge..IMHO. besides, ugly IS my forte, and flip, I do have bifocals... xhdskip

Back