Haven't changed tyres? Read this.

NotSoHiddenFox

.040 Over
Ride
20 3R
I decided to ask my friendly neighborhood dealer for the cost of changing the tyres since I'm considering getting a TPMS while at it. With the one I called, it looks like they have not have had to change tyres yet for anyone. Which doesn't sound out of place, bike is pretty new.

Tech mentioned something about the stock exhaust possibly needing to be removed in order to pull the real wheel without damaging the stock exhaust. Literally the first thing he asked lol. Taking a closer look at the bike myself, i can see the issue now.

Currently, I'm being quoted $160 for the rear and $85 for the front. This is labor only. Maybe disposal and all included. Not sure. We'll see what they say later, it sounds like they don't have an official procedure for this job just yet. Good thing my tyres are still good.

Anyone get different numbers?

Attachments

• 16150550242353875149946203735552.jpg
    16150550242353875149946203735552.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 77
If anything like the UK the dealers are best to be avoided for tyre changes due to pricing. Luckily I have a local enthusiast garage close by. Have not yet (thankfully) had to replace one yet though.

Yeah, dealers tend to cost a bit more but I liked how my previous one would do the balancing and lubrication too. I guess single sided swingarms are harder to work with or something.

Invest in a lift/service/scissor-jack (picture courtesy eBay) and a Werkes® Slip-on (picture courtesy Werkes®). Also, get a set of four cam-buckle tie-downs - they might even come with the jack. ALWAYS tie the bike down onto the jack when lifted, all four corners.

41Km2o2F56L._AC_SX355_.jpg

Triumph Rocket 3 Competition Werkes exhaust 01_0.jpg

i got a huge nail in the back tire of my GT, all you have to do is, loosen the 5 lug nuts (as in just get them cracked and ready to go, easier to do with the tire on the ground), jack the bike up on the jack points under the engine, remove the 5 lugs, pull the rim away from the hub, bring the back of the tire towards you, so it ends up on a slight angle, and then just bring it out, to put it back just do the opposite, setting the jack and removing the tire, takes about 10-min, just make sure the shop knows how to deal with that type of rim so they don't trash it

Once i removed the tire, i also put a jack stand, with a towel on it, under the swing arm, just to keep the bike stable while it tire is off, once the jack stand is in place, bring the main jack down a bit just so as the jack stand takes some of the weight of the bike and helps to spread load over the swing arm, engine and front tire

Once i removed the tire, i also put a jack stand, with a towel on it, under the swing arm, just to keep the bike stable while it tire is off, once the jack stand is in place, bring the main jack down a bit just so as the jack stand takes some of the weight of the bike and helps to spread load over the swing arm, engine and front tire

Take them all to frosty he knows what he is doing lol

I have done 2 Rear tyres in 12 mths, nail one and dont know what the other was but it left a bloody big hole. Currently riding with a plug in whilst waiting 4 weeks for a Avon Cobra Chrome to arrive from OS, Covid is being used as an excuse for everything these days. I am so going to get the TPMS fitted because the tyre goes down that fast its dangerous. Rear Tyres are about $500 AUS fitted so makes it an expensive ride. I have never had a flat in any of my other bikes has anybody else had similar issues?

Back