Has anyone seen a modified, ( or "modded" ), a bear claw?

All you talented craftsmen. Have any of you ever considered creating a larger gas tank for your Rockets? Mine is a Tourer. Guess it would have unique requirements, just like the two different bear claws. Some of you sound like you have the skill to do it. Create a larger gas tank. If you can work with plastics, vinyl, resins, fiberglass, and epoxy and it comes out looking so good? Then working with steel should be a breeze for you, ( a lot of you ). Steel would allow more room for error and corrections. Wouldn't it? I recently started a discussion: "Dreaming of an 8 gallon fuel tank". I'd really be interested to hear what some of you think about that, cause there's definitely a pool of talent among you.

All you talented craftsmen. Have any of you ever considered creating a larger gas tank for your Rockets? Mine is a Tourer. Guess it would have unique requirements, just like the two different bear claws. Some of you sound like you have the skill to do it. Create a larger gas tank. If you can work with plastics, vinyl, resins, fiberglass, and epoxy and it comes out looking so good? Then working with steel should be a breeze for you, ( a lot of you ). Steel would allow more room for error and corrections. Wouldn't it? I recently started a discussion: "Dreaming of an 8 gallon fuel tank". I'd really be interested to hear what some of you think about that, cause there's definitely a pool of talent among you.

A far easier and much much cheaper solution would be to fit K&N or Ram Air and use space of unused airbox under seat for a simple auxillary tank and a cheap under $50 fuel pump to move it to the top main tank.

Also the tank size is already huge in space taken up and any bigger would probably look butt ugly unlike the vintage Heinrich tanks for boxer twin BMWs or a similar custom made steel 35 litre endurance racing tank I had on my beautiful red '86 MotoGuzzi Lemans Mark IV.

A far easier and much much cheaper solution would be to fit K&N or Ram Air and use space of unused airbox under seat for a simple auxillary tank and a cheap under $50 fuel pump to move it to the top main tank.

Also the tank size is already huge in space taken up and any bigger would probably look butt ugly unlike the vintage Heinrich tanks for boxer twin BMWs or a similar custom made steel 35 litre endurance racing tank I had on my beautiful red '86 MotoGuzzi Lemans Mark IV.
No fair, Ishrub.... I want to see pictures of everything. Educate me, please? Those vintage applications sound very interesting, but as for the auxiliary tank and pump, beneath the stock gas tank? I'd also love to see how that set-up is configured, and how it works. Can you show me, please? Or, point me in the right direction? Thanks.....

No fair, Ishrub.... I want to see pictures of everything. Educate me, please? Those vintage applications sound very interesting, but as for the auxiliary tank and pump, beneath the stock gas tank? I'd also love to see how that set-up is configured, and how it works. Can you show me, please? Or, point me in the right direction? Thanks.....

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=heinrich+tank&_fromfsb=0&_trksid=m270.l1313&ul_noapp=true

62b1bc237d780c7071275d481775a510.jpg

99ac90bf0a71752b797ee0aa43dd54c8.jpg

3efd2d4e91e08c7ed030d4682f527aa7.jpg

Once you have fitted the RamAir or K&N the underseat airbox is only any use as a storage area (and a very good one too). By removing it you have a large volume you can rig up a small tank in.
Some Japanese bikes already have factory underseat tanks. I cannot remember which models but someone here will chime in. It would also be fairly straight forward to find an existing tank from a small lawn mower etc to fit in the space or make one up. Any cheap submersible fuel pump would work. In effect you use it as a reserve to refill your main tank with a switch controlling operation of the in tank pump when required. You could use it as the main fuel source for engine and run a gravity feed from the existing main tank but this would be more complex plumbing and reworking existing setup so I would go the simpler way.

In fact I would not bother at all and keep the storage area and simply carry an extra fuel container, stop, dismount, unstrap and pour. It is possible to carry the extra fuel all the time or just when you are going on an extended ride and do not expect to find fuel readily.

FUEL PUMP FITS TRIUMPH ROCKET III CLASSIC ROADSTER 2005-2013

Have you considered knocking off that easily scratched paint & then covering it with the new "wrap" style graphics vinyl that is out now? you could even do a slight color contrast like a dark metallic grey or something to make it a little different ;) :cool:
I hear you about the wraps that are available, they have some sweet ones and also ones that you can create for yourself; I recently
watched a video from a website that sell wraps and it is very simple to do as they show you and give you like a very good seminar about how it's done, I will be doing one very soon on my 2005 r3 so she can be sweeter than she already is. "Thanks and be Safe"

I hear you about the wraps that are available, they have some sweet ones and also ones that you can create for yourself; I recently
watched a video from a website that sell wraps and it is very simple to do as they show you and give you like a very good seminar about how it's done, I will be doing one very soon on my 2005 r3 so she can be sweeter than she already is. "Thanks and be Safe"

Right on, you can do it yourself. Spray some slightly soapy water on the part to be covered - lay the vinyl on, starting at one end, work toward other end using a squeegee if necessary. On a non-flat surface like the claw, you may need to "warm up the vinyl a bit" with a heat gun on low setting (not too close though) or a hair blow dryer to get it to take shape of the surface :thumbsup:

Blacked out bear claw. To go with my blacked out bikeLink Removed

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    321.2 KB · Views: 11
Back