viking

Standard Bore
Hallo every one
I live in a little fisching town in the north of seeland, Hundested, Denmark( 70 km from Copenhagen) where i work as a docker. We have 4 children- 2 girls 19 and 12 years, and 2 boys 15 and 8 years. I havent had so many bikes. I started with a suzuki 400, then i borght an old triumph bonnewille t 120 from 1972 . But when triumph made the speedmaster i borght one.That was realy a nice bike, but i little small. Only a few months after i saw the rocket for the first time, and i was sold. I have a very understanding wife who loves bikes as much as my self. So when i said" i have to own a rocket " she just said "Just go for it" So we had our rocket (black) january 2005. Now i feel i have the bike of my life, it is one of the best things i have ever done.
The problem is that there is not so many rockets in denmark (8-10) and that is becorse of the prices. We have to pay 200% in taxes on a bike.So when you f.ekx. can bay a rocket in UK for 11000 £ we have to pay 35000£ for it in DK. But hopefully there will be more rockets on the danish streets this year, and who knows, perhaps we will have our own danish rocket club!
Jeff

Welcome to this site, Viking Jeff! 200% tax on your bike is godawful. Thought Denmark was a EU member or at least had bilateral trade treaties with the UK. And no local motorcycle industry to subsidize :confused:

Best. Jamie
Triumph Rocket III

Hi Jeff, Welcome!!

It must be hard on the dealers also, with those kind of taxes I wouldn't think that there would be any high volume dealers to speak of. I'm glad you were able to get one... mine just keeps on delivering smiles, mile after mile :D

viking said:
Hallo Jamie
We are member of the EU, but only where the goverment have advantage. But isnt it like that in most contryes?

Not here. We, the Swiss people, are a bunch of "nein sager" (no sayers) when it comes to the EU, i.e. we have repeatedly voted against joining it while most of our politicians were preaching adhesion. And we have kept our currency. I'd submit that if the Swiss direct democracy system existed elsewhere in Western Europe, other countries would opt out of the EU as well. Best:cool:

Jamie
Triumph Rocket III

Welcome Viking,

What a colossal move on your part to beat the odds and go for a Rocket. At 200% tax on motorbikes it seems clear the Danish Government does not like or want them,.....tyrants!!:eek:

I hope you continue to cherish your Rocket and I wish you the best success at the dock and great longevity for you and your family.

Not here. We, the Swiss people, are a bunch of "nein sager" (no sayers) when it comes to the EU, i.e. we have repeatedly voted against joining it while most of our politicians were preaching adhesion. And we have kept our currency. I'd submit that if the Swiss direct democracy system existed elsewhere in Western Europe, other countries would opt out of the EU as well. Bes

Jamie, I now know my great financial prowess comes from my Swiss side(mother's side). And to think everyone thought i took after my Father's side(German).....;)

Thanks for all your answers. Now, pleace dont misunderstand me, i live in a beautiful contry, and i dont go to bed hungry. ok- we pay on of the higest taxes in the world, but then we have a lot of other bennifits fx hospitals, schools,universityes ect for free
I hope that you all will have a nice summer with a lot of good riding.
Jeff

Hospitals

Jeff, if you ever ride down south-west of your tax heaven :eek:, I'd be honored to meet you in person and offer you some... refreshment. Regards

Triumph Rocket III Jamie

Last edited:
Hallo Viking... Welcome to the R3 site. This is the most wonerful thing joining an international forum of R3 owners. So much insight and knowledge from around the globe so easily accessed by the internet. My wife is German and my cousin is living in Sweden... Looking forward to the day when I can meet you Rocket Captains from around the globe!!

Back