That I can't answer at the moment but when I dig into how to set up New TPS I will advise
New TPS installed. TPS set to 6-6.1.....200 miles...alls well...nice to see triumph was still putting Black innards TPS in 2009 bikes. It's was found long prior these were junk. Anyhow, bikes running great.

I recently set up my tps at 6.9 is that lean or rich?

yes :laugh::laugh::laugh:
the tps signal is just a voltage signal to the ecu to tell the ecu know what position the throttle plate is at
for example wot, fully closed, half open.
when u turn on the ign the ecu retracts the stepper motor and the ecu reads aprx .60 volts(completely closed) then it apply s the stepper and it should read aprx .72 (slightly open for idle.)

yes :laugh::laugh::laugh:
the tps signal is just a voltage signal to the ecu to tell the ecu know what position the throttle plate is at
for example wot, fully closed, half open.
when u turn on the ign the ecu retracts the stepper motor and the ecu reads aprx .60 volts(completely closed) then it apply s the stepper and it should read aprx .72 (slightly open for idle.)

I have the stepper removed. At idle I'm .61... Bike runs perfect. I manually increased the idle using the screw setting. One thing I noticed right away when taking the stepper off was throttle return response was better than anytime I've owned the bike.

I have the stepper removed. At idle I'm .61... Bike runs perfect. I manually increased the idle using the screw setting. One thing I noticed right away when taking the stepper off was throttle return response was better than anytime I've owned the bike.

r u saying that it is idleing at the original .61 or did u raise the idle then set tps at .61 ?
it sounds like u might be getting away with it set like that is it setting codes with the stepper motor unplugged or does the engine light stay on
just curious:)

I also have an 09 R3 and when I pulled the TPS it had the black internals. My idle also was all over the place. Just recently ordered new TPS, didn't receive it yet. I hope that will set things straight. I guess they switched to the newer TPS after 09.

Back