patrol21

.060 Over
Ride
2009 R3 RAMAIR Intake Full Jardine Exhaust Cor
Ok, Ive got a skip at some constant throttle. What I've done so far...when hard throttle it's fine.

Removed the stepper motor and maually tweeked the manual idle setting. It's perfect. Prior it was all over the place.

Balanced throttle bodies. Number one was out a bit.

Checked TPS at idle with Tune ECU. 6.0 on the nose

Checked wires to coils. Seems fine.

Dry gas/ Sea foam...as it almost seems like it's running lean as now and then at low throttle I'm getting a slight stutter and occasional slight backfire...like a fouled plug or lean TPS position

I have not cleaned out the in tank filter. Anyone have a clue how to do that? I assume empty gas and drop bottom plate in tank..is their a replacement seal that I need? I replaced plugs 5 k miles ago. Doubt it's a fouled plug but who knows.

I hate Gremlins

How many miles since the fuel filter was replaced?
Never. 27k on the bike. The issue started out the idle being all over the place which makes me lean toward TPS. Stepper motor removed which fixed the idle issue

Ok, Ive got a skip at some constant throttle. What I've done so far...when hard throttle it's fine.

Removed the stepper motor and maually tweeked the manual idle setting. It's perfect. Prior it was all over the place.

Balanced throttle bodies. Number one was out a bit.

Checked TPS at idle with Tune ECU. 6.0 on the nose

Checked wires to coils. Seems fine.

Dry gas/ Sea foam...as it almost seems like it's running lean as now and then at low throttle I'm getting a slight stutter and occasional slight backfire...like a fouled plug or lean TPS position

I have not cleaned out the in tank filter. Anyone have a clue how to do that? I assume empty gas and drop bottom plate in tank..is their a replacement seal that I need? I replaced plugs 5 k miles ago. Doubt it's a fouled plug but who knows.

I hate Gremlins

Couple quick questions highlighted above as I might be confused. TPS IS .60 volts when engine not runing and steeper motor retracted. THIS IS DONE ON A FULL ISCV RESET. Is that what you did? Also you said you said you checked the coil wires seemed ok did you clean and crimp the low tension leads? Its a 06 jabe you changed the vacuum lines and the blank vacuum plg caps? Enough for you to answer now. Back to carpet cleaning I'll check back :D

Couple quick questions highlighted above as I might be confused. TPS IS .60 volts when engine not runing and steeper motor retracted. THIS IS DONE ON A FULL ISCV RESET. Is that what you did? Also you said you said you checked the coil wires seemed ok did you clean and crimp the low tension leads? Its a 06 jabe you changed the vacuum lines and the blank vacuum plg caps? Enough for you to answer now. Back to carpet cleaning I'll check back :D
Aloha Warp. For the TPS check bike was running and yes. It was registering .59-.60 while idle. I actually just brought the bike in to get a new rear tire installed. Chatting with my local guy he is going to check the coils/ wires as well as see if he can pull an error code. I'm still leaning toward the TPS...The fact the idle was all over the place ( reason for stepper motor delete) and the erratic running. If I cut power and restart it runs better/ worse...

Original issues

Idle all over the place and off throttle very slow return..restart , good but varies
Sputtering at times at lower constant throttle.. occasional slight backfire
Hard throttle, no issues until steady and now and then stutter.
Removed stepper. No more issues with idle and return
Running issues continue.
Balanced throttle bodies
Plugs 5k
Ran Sea foam/dry gas etc. No change
Have not replaced fuel filter yet but thinking with hard throttle being fine that's where it would stumble
TPS at .60 at idle per tune ECU.

Ok so just my opinion since you can hook up to it copy the map. 2 reasons first to see if its out dated. Second for storage as original reference. The run a ISCV reset a full one and at the end reset the adaptives and a 12 minute tune. All this should be done engine cold. So you can right into the 12 minute tune.

Once this is done and a verified up to date tune will you be able to move on. I figure the proper coil checks had not been done or you surley sould have been complaing a out a couple pita things :) not to worry you will not be docked for gun decking pms :D

Ok so just my opinion since you can hook up to it copy the map. 2 reasons first to see if its out dated. Second for storage as original reference. The run a ISCV reset a full one and at the end reset the adaptives and a 12 minute tune. All this should be done engine cold. So you can right into the 12 minute tune.

Once this is done and a verified up to date tune will you be able to move on. I figure the proper coil checks had not been done or you surley sould have been complaing a out a couple pita things :) not to worry you will not be docked for gun decking pms :D
Thanks Warp..
I have a copy of my tune (From Hans0) and already reloaded it. Made no difference. Once I get the bike back and see what shop says about the coils I will run a full ISCV test. You mention adaptives..not sure what those are and how these are checked, reset. I have run a 12 minute tune after map reload with no change. I do have a question. When running 12 minute tune the cycle starts when fan kicks on. I start timer. Does it matter the fan goes on and off? I started running ICE coolant and since then fan only kicks on for a minute or two.

Thanks Warp..
I have a copy of my tune (From Hans0) and already reloaded it. Made no difference. Once I get the bike back and see what shop says about the coils I will run a full ISCV test. You mention adaptives..not sure what those are and how these are checked, reset. I have run a 12 minute tune after map reload with no change. I do have a question. When running 12 minute tune the cycle starts when fan kicks on. I start timer. Does it matter the fan goes on and off? I started running ICE coolant and since then fan only kicks on for a minute or two.
Yes 12 minutes once fan first turns on. Then as it rins the fan will cycle on and off. Tje idea is not to dyart the time until the engine is at temp which is when the fan turns on. You have a hanso tune are you sure the O2 sensor is turned on?

As it's an '09 I imagine it has the latest TPS with the blue innards not the earlier dodgy all black one?
Have not removed the TPS yet. I see from posts etc that there are 2 TPS. Assuming if an issue it's the primary and that is on number 3 throttle body toward the back. Feel free to call me a dumbass if I have them mixed.

Back