Greetings and salutations from Cambridge uk

Morning all, recently traded in my Thunderbird storm for 2015 Rocket Roadster, had the itch for the last 5 years and decided it was time to **** or get if the pot so to speak, it’s an incredible machine and I’m extremely impressed, it’s obviously stock at the moment but have ordered the TORs and Ramair to liven her up a bit..

Looking forward to involving myself in this group.
Welcome from a very sunny Yorkshire.

one.jpg
two.jpg
Welcome. 2014 Roadster with Dave Platts Outlaws fitted and just about to do the Ramair conversion too. I can actually get to the back wheel to clean it properly now as well. Anyone got a good tune to reduce the decel popping for this set up?

@REBLX136 - I don't usually weigh in against stuff. It's your money and aesthetics are a very personal thing. Things can wander - I warned you.

Dave Platt builds mufflers. And the Outlaws sound like a belt fed shotgun. But he does not address the most restrictive and telling part of the system - The headers. Save pennies and do the lot. CES, Viking, set of used Jardines - matters not - take your time and look. I know folk are happy with DP - but I have found him (them) to be VERY offhandish unless you think they are exhaust-gods. And they are not.

HONESTLY - A 3->1 makes sense. Not seen a 1->2 rear splitter yet that looks right - the ABS fitted bikes mike that all very awkward.

Any open airfilter you fit (RamAir, K&N, UNI, PIPERCROSS, ITG) will increase intake roar. Anybody who is surprised by this on a 2.3L engine really needs to take a step back. What you should consider is whether the Air Intake Temp sensor is in the air feed to the throttle bodies or not. It does not matter so much if you operate in a confined "area of operation" - Start doing distance at varying altitude and ambient temperature and it will.

But way before - UPGRADE the suspension - In the UK - Call MAXTON. No really - You'll be taking bends a good 10mph faster with no effort at all. Why add power to accelerate out of bends you take slow due to poor handling?. Tyres - well it depends a bit where you ride. Metzlers wear out fast - but are safer if you get a puncture and stick like wet **** to a blanket in the cold.Otherwise I's suggest The E-Max rear - I do something individual on the front - the scaremongers will all faint or jibe.

Headlights - If you ride ALOT at night - save ALOT OF PENNIES - Get JW.Speaker adaptive in. What use is power if you cannot see to ride.

I have had mine 8 years now - Do as you wish - not as others tell you. ;) - Especially not me.
I didn't say I was surprised I fully expected it to be loud

I was just pointing out that perhaps induction mods such a RAMIR kit is not for every And in normal road use there is little to gained other than a headache ;)

I didn't say I was surprised I fully expected it to be loud

I was just pointing out that perhaps induction mods such a RAMIR kit is not for every And in normal road use there is little to gained other than a headache ;)
Also I should have mentioned I have heard that customer service can be a little lacking from DP

Hello from Norwich

I very recently installed a 3 into 1 link pipe and single outlaw can, and I can say that it is f'ing loud and backfires a sh1t ton, regardless of tune installed....I went through a lot of nonsense to reach that conclusion as some on here will attest :)

I am waiting to get a dyno session to see if that helps any but I am not holding out much hope, either way the bike will run way better regardless....ramair is on the horizon too.

DP does do deeptone cans which are longer and will no doubt help with backfire issues, but all his solutions are using stock headers only....it's worth noting though that you can get a very very nice 3 into 1 header from Paul (Viking) which lines up with the standard positions so it could be used with the outlaw can and link pipe too...

Last edited:
Yeah I’ve seen some of the stuff on Viking but to be honest I’m not a big fan of the 3 into 1!! It looks unbalanced to me could live with that... not a pervert but I love the double pipes and although the stock headers are restrictive I like the look they give, I’m more for the tune then the dance, don’t get me wrong she is strangled in stock state but I’m sure once I get her breathing better she will suite me fine, I’m not interested in wringing our every ounce of power from her as she’s more then capable but more sound and the extra power that come with it is ok by me.

Yeah I’ve seen some of the stuff on Viking but to be honest I’m not a big fan of the 3 into 1!! It looks unbalanced to me could live with that... not a pervert but I love the double pipes and although the stock headers are restrictive I like the look they give, I’m more for the tune then the dance, don’t get me wrong she is strangled in stock state but I’m sure once I get her breathing better she will suite me fine, I’m not interested in wringing our every ounce of power from her as she’s more then capable but more sound and the extra power that come with it is ok by me.
Sorry that’s couldnt live with that..

Back