Good Looking Duc

They've done a good styling job with this bike. The bike a year or two before was a styling disaster, the 999 model i do believe. This 1098 looks like they have gone back to the basics for design Q's Bigern

Nice. They say the Ducati is one of the least likely bikes to leave someones stable. I can certainly believe it.

I can believe it too. They (Ducati's) cost so much to maintain you don't want to sell it. Desmodronic Valve Actuation adjustment is a precise undertakig. It's like owning a BMW cage. Better have steel hinges on your wallet when going to the dealer for service.

I still like the MV Agusta F4 1000R better. Pig9r, you get the Duck and I'll get the MV and we'll see who has the cajonies.:D

Attachments

• F41000R_01.jpg
    F41000R_01.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
From the duc website......

50% less maintenance cost on every 2007 Ducati
We are proud to announce that all 2007 Ducati models require less frequent service, fewer parts and less labour during each service and, as a result, greatly reduced scheduled maintenance costs – by as much as 50%.

Reducing the cost of service when you visit your Ducati dealer for maintenance is one way to measure the new quality of Ducati. It also contributes immensely to making the Ducati ownership experience as satisfying as the Ducati riding experience.

Research and development is the number one investment at the Ducati factory. This investment in performance and quality includes our factory processes, machinery and the people who build each Ducati. By ‘engineering-in’ quality through design, materials and testing, every Ducati owner will enjoy significant and quantifiable improvements in every Ducati motorcycle.

To a rider, the best measure of quality is by the riding experience. You can feel a new smoothness to the legendary Ducati L-Twin, a more progressive nature to the powerful brakes and more confident road holding in every turn. Reliability and quality – one ride is all the proof you will need.

50% less – 100% Ducati – standard equipment in every 2007 model.

I can believe it too. They (Ducati's) cost so much to maintain you don't want to sell it. Desmodronic Valve Actuation adjustment is a precise undertaking. It's like owning a BMW cage. Better have steel hinges on your wallet when going to the dealer for service.

I still like the MV Agusta F4 1000R better. Pig9r, you get the Duck and I'll get the MV and we'll see who has the cajonies.:D

Ahhhhhhh! I didn't say WHY Ducati's were kept in the stable longer than most bikes cuz I didn't know. Thank you,....now I do.....:D

Scary when Ducati talks in %'s rather than $'s.

We heard on Fox News this morning that 3 cities including Milan are banning automobile usage to some degree. BUY DUCATI STOCK!:rolleyes: ........and tools,....lots of tools....

Advertising hype......:D

You could always get a Guzzi Norge and ride a washing machine. Interestingly, the Norge is a sport tourer replete with hard luggage, full fairing, even an optional TomTom/Bluetooth wireless GPS/Nav system and the base price of the bike is around 14K. Guzzi's engines are as reliable as a lawnmower engine and just about as inspiring.

The Guzzi is still lubricated by "Splash lubrication" quotes the literature.

I'd seriously consider the Norge if I could remove the name from the bike. Norge don't trip my trigger at all......viva'

Back