Going price used 2005 rockets?

Thanks for all of your comments. Helpful and discouraging at the same time. But at the same time you probably didn't tell us anything we didn't know. Was just dreaming I guess. Oh well were would we all be without our dreams?

My BearMan is looking at several options. 1) Trike his existing Rocket 2) buy the can-am spyder 3) buy the Boss Hoss trike 4) buy a Cheetah trike.

He is on somewhat limited income so due to money his options are not as varied as he would like. If he doesn't trike the existing bike he will have to sell it. I don't think he will be happy with the can-am. And to get it to were it would be comfortable would be too costly and to spend that much to get it comfortable and then it doesn't have the power he has been used to, he just would not be happy. He has had two Boss Hoss bikes in the past and loved them. So to buy the three wheel would be good, but oh! My Gosh! The pricing is not pretty on those these days. He has really be researching and figuring to see what his options are. During the research he found the Cheetah. We both like it and it is considerable less expense than the Boss Hoss but more than just converting his Rocket. Decisions....decisions.... Plus as pointed out before in one of your threads he does have clear title to his that gives him better options than me. It has turned into and obsession with him the last several days. We'll see in the days to come as what he will do.

My situation is different. My Rocket is exactly the way I like it. But I have thought in a couple of years of either turning mine into a trike because we know it has plenty of power for that and I have seen a yellow one pictured on-line that looks really sharp or selling it and buying a trike. But I don't have the back with all the metal in it like he does that causes problems with comfort and safety on the bike like he does. Who knows maybe I will keep mine the way it is and buy a trike separate after my existing bike is paid off.

Thanks again for your comments. Some times it just helps to talk it out...

There is a place in Ft. Worth that makes great looking Rocket trikes. You could call Euro Sports in Ft Worth to get the number. That's where I saw one. Looked like it came from the factory that way.

The folks at Hual's Trikes in Pensacola (I worked with his two twin son's when I worked at Sears in 07/08), were always asking me when I was going to trike my Rocket and I always told them I wasn't that old yet (kidding:)). Seriously since I am already 57 I know that if I want to keep riding in the wind that someday I may have to consider a trike or an alternative but I'll fight that battle when I get there.

I agree with Snuff that my first option would be to trike the Rocket, it may be the less expensive route...no matter what Cheetah says. However I did look up the Cheetah website and it definitely appears that it may be cheaper than triking a Boss Hoss. I just wish they used something other than a Chevy engine...then I might put them on my later in life list, the only thing about that set up no matter what engine they use would be that I would bet the gas mileage is not that great.

Another alternative is the Stallion by Thoroughbred Motorsports ( www.thoroughbred-motorsports.com ) it does have a Ford engine in it (I believe a 4 cylinder) and can be serviced at Ford dealerships, would have better gas mileage and be around the same price.

Then there are the Gold Wing and Harley Trike kits out there, most of them are pretty decent looking and use an existing bike or you can get a new one and have it converted.

Good luck and I hope Bear is able to find a good solution that is good for him.

Dennis

76 dtg Dubai
77 dtg Home

Back