G'day from West Oz

Hi from an Ex Sandgroper, one day I'll get back over there. If my count right there 4 of you WA:cool: guys on this site now

Welcome to the forum from "up top". I lived between Perth and Fremantle next to the Swan River for 2yrs a lonnnng time ago.

Welcome from sunny Kansas. Here it's all milk and honey poured over our sour grapes.:sick:

Thanks guys. Down south in Albany is where I hang my hat.
I used to go to Denmark/ Albany for my Chrissy hol's every other year with my parents back in the 60's went to Geraldton one year and nearly got blown away by a freak cyclone... got out just in time... much safer down south... hope to come back over there one year soon, working on getting to the states next year but if that falls thru who knows maybe sandgroper country here I come.:cool:

Welcome to the forum from "up top". I lived between Perth and Fremantle next to the Swan River for 2yrs a lonnnng time ago.
why would you leave WA to go to Ol' Blighty and to think I was crook on my parents for draging me to the Eastern States now I really feel for you was it your parents or did you just go mad...:D Just kidding

why would you leave WA to go to Ol' Blighty and to think I was crook on my parents for draging me to the Eastern States now I really feel for you was it your parents or did you just go mad...:D Just kidding

Well when i say a long time ago, i was 10yrs old. My dad was the capt. of a ship that ran between Fremantle and Singapore. He got the posting for 2yrs so we went with him. We were there when you went decimal in 1966, 14th of febuary. I always remember that stupid jingle off the t.v even now ! Keep saying i'll go back but the nearest i've got so far is google earth, our street has'nt changed much. :D

Well when i say a long time ago, i was 10yrs old. My dad was the capt. of a ship that ran between Fremantle and Singapore. He got the posting for 2yrs so we went with him. We were there when you went decimal in 1966, 14th of febuary. I always remember that stupid jingle off the t.v even now ! Keep saying i'll go back but the nearest i've got so far is google earth, our street has'nt changed much. :D
Oh No !! please don't remind me of that Jingle:eek:... dam to late ...bugger ya:rolleyes:

Back