Gas Tank Vacuum Sealed?

Problem fixed!! Tank is venting and relieving pressure normally.
So for what it's worth, after blowing and sucking through every line it was the evap can. The line with the spill over valve runs into the can on the models with that emissions crap and it was blocked. So when it was sitting or running the tank wasn't venting. So I'd get a vacuum when running as the fuel was sucked out of the tank, and it would pressure up when the fuel expanded when sitting. End result, removed the emissions sh%*, plugged the 2 vac lines going to the intake, added a piece of hose on the bottom of the tip over valve, (which I checked to make sure it was functioning properly, and it was), and ran it to the ground. So now it's set up like all the non emissions bikes. Just two lines coming from the tank and running to the ground. One is a straight vent tube, and one with the tip over valve is now going to the ground.
I did leave the switch that operates the purge valve plugged in, it's just not doing anything. Wire tied it to where the can was originally fixed.
So if anyone has this happen, and your bike has the emissions system installed, your evap can is probably bad so you can either replace it or get rid of it. Otherwise it could be the spill over valve is stuck.
BTW...the two vent lines on the bottom of the tank....front one is to the flush drain in the fill neck, and the rear one goes to the raised vent in the neck that goes against the fill cap when you close it and is the line with the tip over valve in it. :thumbsup::banghead::banghead:

I think overfilling the tank (above level recommended by Triumph) may be the cause of the canister or rollover valve problems as it causes fuel and not vapor to flow down the vent line and gunk up the valve or cake up the charcoal discs.

I just noticed the other day, when I had the side cover off my 2013, that it has the stinkin canister on it, so your experience will help when I remove all that cwap!:)

I think overfilling the tank (above level recommended by Triumph) may be the cause of the canister or rollover valve problems as it causes fuel and not vapor to flow down the vent line and gunk up the valve or cake up the charcoal discs.
Absolutely. Which I think I started doing because of the f'ed up fuel gauge, which is so god **** inaccurate it's just about not worth having.
Unbelievable that they can't even make a fuel gauge that works....at least for the Rocket. But that's a whole other issue for another thread.

I removed the canister a long time ago from the '11 Roadster. I ran a straight hose from the forward tank vent tube on the tank to the ground and the rear vent tube goes to the rollover valve. Sounds like some of you plug the forward vent tube and others just run a line, as I have. Without plugging the front tube won't it spill fuel if she goes over on her side? Is the rollover valve all you need for proper venting?

Back