Front fork spring swap.

TOMCAT

Rage against the machine
Ride
2009 RIII Standard - 2008 Speed Triple -1995 900 T'Bird
Anyone know if the Standards and Roadsters run the same front fork spring ? Are the Roadster fork springs progressive like the springs on the Roadsters rear shocks ? .. thanks.

Not sure but feels softer than my old rockets and other times or situations it feels stiffer... Maybe some variation of a progressive spring...

I was really happy with the feel of the front end of my Rocket when it was new ( but that's 125,000klms ago) been given a set of Roadster springs that have had little use .. and a set of Wilbers springs that I don't know a lot about. Know the Roadster springs will be an improvement on my old stock springs .. just wondering if I should run the Wilbers if the Roadster springs aren't progressive.

It's a tough call mate. Would seem strange for Triumph to put Progressive springs on the back and not upgrade the front at the same time. Weren't those Wilbers too firm for the previous owner? I'd be pretty tempted to run with the Roadster springs given you're not exactly a heavyweight. Pity it's not easy to give them both a try.

I am 275 pounds all day long and today got her cruising between 80-120 on the slab and it was a much nicer ride than all the other rockets I owned. Getting on the binders it dips a bit then firm up without bottoming out.

Think the previous owners woofing into bowl after bowl of rice , ain't answering his phone anyway. Exactly what I thought , don't want to fit the Wilbers and get hammered because they are too stiff. Roadster springs way to go I guess.

I'm not happy with the fork dive under braking on the stock set up - otherwise they're OK. That said, my R3 experience extends to......1 bike.

I've been told heavier oil - will have wait for the warranty to expire before experimenting

Back