RocketmanBristol

Supercharged
Ride
2004 Rocket 3
As per title, does anyone know the changes made if any from an early fork leg and the Roadsters?

There are different part numbers for complete units and for the top/outer and bottom/inner tubes, but I’d say that the only difference is the colour. All the internals such as spring, stepped cylinder (ie cartridge), oil and dust seals and spacers etc are the same across all the non-Touring models.

The Roadster was claimed to have softer suspension but apparently that was only the rear - which a lot of Roadster owners found hard to believe.

As per Richards comments above also the axle is fitted from the opposite side.

Yeah thanks Tony. The spacers are reversed too as a result, but still interchangeable. You’ve twigged a distant memory. I recall helping TC put a set of Ponters’ Roadster wheels on his ‘08 Standard the night before we went to Tassie. Had to swap the spacers over from one side to the other due to the ABS ring fixtures. So while the upper tubes are only coloured differently, the bottom tubes are also different to accommodate the ABS setup. Important thing is the internals are the same. Cheers mate!

Yeah thanks Tony. The spacers are reversed too as a result, but still interchangeable. You’ve twigged a distant memory. I recall helping TC put a set of Ponters’ Roadster wheels on his ‘08 Standard the night before we went to Tassie. Had to swap the spacers over from one side to the other due to the ABS ring fixtures. So while the upper tubes are only coloured differently, the bottom tubes are also different to accommodate the ABS setup. Important thing is the internals are the same. Cheers mate!

Thanks guys, just picked up pair of new fork lowers and stantions on eBay and then noticed the different part numbers , put new seals in last summer and noticed some pitting but couldn’t afford new at the time hopefully these will be ok.

Back