Front End Fixing Kit Help

Had a fixing kit, hate it. Just installed my angry screen again using this:

TRIUMPH ROCKET 3 roadster rocket 111 rocket iii tront end fixing tubes

Much better imho. Fits a treat and looks vastly better.

IMG_0452.JPG

@Claviger ...What didn't you like other than it wasn't black?:)

Personally I find it to be a rather inelegant piece of engineering overall, most cosmetic but it's also flakey to adjust easily.

Claviger, I never had an issue adjust my fixing kit. The key was to only snug the bolts that clamp on to the tubes, fit the windscreen, then tighten the clamp bolts.

Although the tube is a cleaner look, it appears to me that it requires a lot more disassembly (of the top of the forks) to install. Am I missing something with regard to that?

No, it definitely takes more to initially install, no doubt. The main benefit is 4 bolts to remove the screen or put it on, looks better, costs less, and you don't have 4 separate pieces to align/position.

Also, I'm allergic to chrome and polished stainless, so...

Claviger, I never had an issue adjust my fixing kit. The key was to only snug the bolts that clamp on to the tubes, fit the windscreen, then tighten the clamp bolts.

Although the tube is a cleaner look, it appears to me that it requires a lot more disassembly (of the top of the forks) to install. Am I missing something with regard to that?
Just remove the front wheel and mudguard and drop the forks. Using the triumph system is a PITA if you want to do front suspension testing - Been there.

I too found when fitting best plan is to loosely assemble, get everything right and then finally tighten.

No, it definitely takes more to initially install, no doubt. The main benefit is 4 bolts to remove the screen or put it on, looks better, costs less, and you don't have 4 separate pieces to align/position.

Also, I'm allergic to chrome and polished stainless, so...

Got, ya, but the 4 bolts to remove or install a screen are the same ones on the front end fixing kit no? I can't see the process being any different on yours unless I'm missing something. :thumbsdown:

As for the "allergic to chrome" problem, 3 words: Pow Der Coat! --

Fair enough about the four bolts, I suppose you could do the same with either kit.

I tried the powder coating on them, it doesn't work because of the kits wedge type system they use, there's no room for it. I scraped the excess off and it just doesn't work well.

Really I guess it's just a preference thing, slip on and leave on or fight the four things, I prefer slip on and leave on.

Like I said I find the Triumph version inelegant is all.

Fair enough about the four bolts, I suppose you could do the same with either kit.

I tried the powder coating on them, it doesn't work because of the kits wedge type system they use, there's no room for it. I scraped the excess off and it just doesn't work well.

Really I guess it's just a preference thing, slip on and leave on or fight the four things, I prefer slip on and leave on.

Like I said I find the Triumph version inelegant is all.

Point taken. Just wanted to see if I was missing.

Me likes to learn...

Back