Front brake caliper 2nd hand set.

phar2slo

Living Legend
Ride
2006 classic
1585440344329113016951015452335.jpg

Due to me doing a dumb thing and splitting my front calipers and losing one of the seals between the halfs I ended up buying a set of 2nd hand calipers.

Now the question is that the pistons don't seem to be working correctly.
15854406682524833547643932181967.jpg

These are the pads that came of the sets it looks like one side is not working at all.

Any ideas as to why this might be happening?

15854418586515158134283133950363.jpg

Now both calipers one on the right the pistons on the left side are not coming out as fat as the right. Any ideas?

Right I used the air compressor to activate the pistons quite a few times and seem to be working better.

Me reckons that tis very kewl how you can talk/write to yourself on forum and seem to come up with answers. :eek: :rolleyes: :thumbsup: :roll:

Thanks 1olbull I had a good laugh at your reply.

In lock down for the next 24 days so will have time to clean up the garage and hopefully be able to find the lost seal.

That is of course in between working from home to keep the boss happy.

Going to refit the calipers bleed the system and call it a day should be finished in 3 hour's

If all goes smoothly. And as I know when I started this process a week ago it probably won't.

Thanks 1olbull I had a good laugh at your reply.

In lock down for the next 24 days so will have time to clean up the garage and hopefully be able to find the lost seal.

That is of course in between working from home to keep the boss happy.

I feel for you, M8. :(
Brake issues are a huge PITA to me, especially bleeding ABS with the "Dealer Tool". :banghead:

I feel for you, M8. :(
Brake issues are a huge PITA to me, especially bleeding ABS with the "Dealer Tool". :banghead:
I'm got my eldest daughter to come help bleed the brakes she lasted about 5 seconds.

Good wife came and helped do the right side.

Gave myself a shower when I pushed the pistons back into place. Dam that brake fluid.

Brakes back on and bleed until pistons fully out.

Have pulled the brake lever hard on and tied in place to see if any more air comes out.

Back