Most of the Time

I too try to evoke a sense of careful riding, following laws and being a stand up kind of guy. That consumes about 98% of my driving. Then there's those little "Rice Burners" that like to go sliding and put on the big mufflers so you can hear the tiny engine even better. For some reason, they love to rev their engines at a light, and all of a sudden......I can't help myself. Light Green.....Throttle Up...... Wait for them at the next intersection.

I got a ticket for a rolling stop when I was 18 and a speeding ticket in Montana in 1980 while trying to build up a little extra speed before my old van had to pull my big trailer up the next mountain. Not a bad record for over 50 years of driving. I hope I can afford to put the radar detector on before my next dance with speed enforcement personel.

Last edited:
Dave,
Even though I'm getting better at it, I too find it all to easy and frequent, passing cagers on a regular basis. I try to look around, being very careful when I pass @ 100+ MPH, but I know I'm on borrowed time but so far Barney Fife has not been there.

I'm glad my income is not tied to an over the road profession, cuz as Flip pointed out, one can't afford to lose ones license over Rocket III follies. If need be, I can absorb a couple speeding tickets but hope I avoid that scene.
We have some great spots that are virtually cop free, but there is a first time for everything, still I really crank in those spots.:D

Yeah, it was me on the way back from Sedalia, I was running 75 and toystoretom and pianoman passed me like I was standing still. "don't look back, someone could be gainning on you" Satchel Paige

Hondax said:
Dave,
I know I'm on borrowed time /quote]

So shakespearian of you, Hondax. Not talking just about traffic citations. Talking about LIFE. Period. We all live on borrowed time. Towards the end of the 19th century, the average life expectancy for a working male in Western Europe was 56 years of age. And the historical stats all have a small print to them that says: excluding war casualties.

Let's enjoy our extra time

Let's rock! :D Jamie

I was riding with my two Harley buddies and did not want to leave my wingmen, hated myself all week! Riding to Witchita this afternoon to go to the rolling stones concert...solo, I'll ride it like I stole it through the Flint Hills, I'll call you if I need bail money!

A State Trooper gave me a warning only after he pulled me over for going 95 in a 55 zone last month. I was surprised at his consideration and have made the effort to ride at a more reasonable speed to return the favor. I have too many tickets on my record anyway, including two in one day a couple years ago. My auto insurance company finally noticed and my premium has gone up $100 a month total for the three cars I insure. So it boils down to what price do you put on twisting the throttle? How much is it worth to you? For me it is worth about $100 a month but no more than that. Otherwise the figure gets into the realm of a monthly bike payment and I would rather have another bike than do 95 in a 55 on a regular basis.

Back