Anomaly

.060 Over
Ride
2015 R3T
Looking to buy a solo or 2-piece seatpan for my '15 Touring. I'm wantin' to have a custom seat made, but Russell needs a seatpan, and if I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna do it as the 2-piece seat.

If you have a seat that's all scuffed up, or ripped, and you think nobody will buy it, I will.

I just hate havin' to buy a brand new 2-piece comfort seat just to have it torn apart.

Been watchin' for solos casually for a while, but just scored a prestine rider backrest for the solo/2-piece for $30. Now it's time to get serious.

Sweet ride!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Is that the stock seat or the one with the hole for the backrest?

Link Removed

Buy them new if you got the factory backrest for US$30 you are up nearly $300 from what I have seen just the backrest go for lately. The used Solo seat is still parting new owners on the forum with US$125 - $250, add at least US$100-$150 for the Comfort pillion. The stock Touring pillion seat almost certainly has the same mount/base and would certainly be usable by Russell.

If you do not value your pillion as highly the Russell Daylong Solo will still bolt to a stock pillion seat.;):D

Good luck with your hunt for rough seats I have not seen any come up. Strangely the big bike seem to get damaged on the sides but often does not damage seats even when totalled.

I have a perfect used R3T BUCKET SOLO SEAT A9708162

upload_2019-7-14_8-28-51.png

and COMFORT PILLION SEAT A9708163.

upload_2019-7-14_8-29-25.png

Recently sold together by Triumph as the Longhaul Seat Replacemant Kit T2302130 US$366.69 excl. VAT(£291.67)
Fowlers Parts

These replaced the original LONGHAUL TOURING SEAT - DUAL A9700209 one piece.
I have a brand new one piece A9700209 never fitted too.
Shown here with the ADJUSTABLE RIDER BACKREST - LONGHAUL A9708158 that you have scored cheap and that also fits the Solo seat..:thumbsup:

upload_2019-7-14_8-13-26.png

cdd4ed88ff5b0fc3f7409c29937e66a6.png

Last edited:
Thank you, she's my baby. Mostly stock looking as I don't like it to scream modded bike. Unfortunately it's just the stock seat. I saw the backrest posted on facebook locally and jumped on it, even though I know at the moment I can't use it.

You didn't mention if your solo and comfort pillion was for sale, but describing it as "perfect used" is more like a marketing phrase than a regular description. Are you willing to part with it? I know it's not salvage, but I'm alright buyin' used. I just hate the idea of buyin' new, just to tear it up.

Not selling yet. I am making my own Rider's backrests to suit the Solo and Dual Longhauls using new Longhaul Pilion backrest pads to sell as a set.

Check out the link below and go to parts, some times they'll have a clearance, got mine last year for £66.00 already had the back rest.

They generally have a clear out twice a year so keep checking back if not, last one was running a few months ago April,May

They also have an ebay listing in the UK where they'll sometimes have parts they've taken of trade in bikes - Lings Honda

They deliver globally and with exchange rates at the moment even the current price could be an option

www.worldoftriumph.com

Looking to buy a solo or 2-piece seatpan for my '15 Touring. I'm wantin' to have a custom seat made, but Russell needs a seatpan, and if I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna do it as the 2-piece seat.

If you have a seat that's all scuffed up, or ripped, and you think nobody will buy it, I will.

I just hate havin' to buy a brand new 2-piece comfort seat just to have it torn apart.

Been watchin' for solos casually for a while, but just scored a prestine rider backrest for the solo/2-piece for $30. Now it's time to get serious.

I have a A9700210 with backrest and rider pillion. Was going to do the same thing with Russell; however, bought another brand. Check to see if it will work. I know it fits my 2013.

Well I PM'd Dusty and got no response, so tried to go ahead and order the T2302130 from 4 different places that all claimed to have 1 in stock. None did. Very annoying that these are so difficult to find. Really shouldn't be that hard to get a Triumph 2-piece touring seat.

Still Au$625 (US$435) new from dealers here in Oz.

I spoke to them and he confirmed one is in Australia at the Melbourne Triumph Australia warehouse. Looks like out of stock and production in UK and elsewhere.

T2302130_Long-Haul-Touring-Seat_White-1000x1000.jpg

https://www.triumphmotorcycles.com.au/accessories/comfort/2013/longhaul-touring-seat-dual-t2302130
https://jcsmotorcycles.com.au/long-haul-touring-seat-rocket-3-touring

But Fowlers UK state No Longer Available and they are reliable, so remaining stock only if you can find them now - just like the pannier rails. ;):(
I better hang on to mine then.:D
The last set of those rails went on Facebook a while ago for Au$650.

Seat - Triumph ROCKET III TOURING | Triumph ROCKET III TOURING Seat supplied next day (UK only) by Fowlers Parts
13 Longhaul Seat Replacemant Kit T2302130
NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Au$627.31 inc. VAT(£350.00)

Well I PM'd Dusty and got no response, so tried to go ahead and order the T2302130 from 4 different places that all claimed to have 1 in stock. None did. Very annoying that these are so difficult to find. Really shouldn't be that hard to get a Triumph 2-piece touring seat.
Sorry, for some reason, didn’t get a PM. Just saw this post. I’ll check if I’ve got my old email on the site.

Back