Did you also change your seat? The Roaster pegs being further back, and higher, also made the seat thicker to sit you higher up, and about 1.5 inches back. The Standard and classic seats are a bit lower, and push you forward. Which would help with the feeling of not reaching, and being unstable because you are too high up. Might want to try with the older style seat before giving up the forward controls.
Hey Steel,
I actually have a custom seat....when I had it made, it is actually about an 1" /1.5" lower..so I'm closer to the the tank. I also have a riser and bars that bring it closer to me. If I don't sell it, then I guess it'll stay in my garage till maybe for me to give it another try down the road....:)

Here ya go @Pumbaa Not the cheapest but cheaper than from manufacturer I suppose.

As noted by @Babarocket3newbie he did get the extra gear peg lever with his too.

So ask the eBay seller which extras if any his comes with to compare prices to factory. As usual freight is normally the deal killer on imported stuff.

FC17 Forward Controls Triumph Rocket III Roadster Classic Standard & Rocket X

Triumph Rocket 111 Roadster Refined Cycle FC17-Forward Controls | eBay

AU $399.00
Free postage

Details about Triumph Rocket 111 Roadster Refined Cycle FC17-Forward Controls

Hey Guys,

So I purchased the forward controls from refined cycle. I just got around to installing them. Went for a test ride for about an hour and didn't really like them. So went back to stock.

I paid $308 (with shipping) and got the optional black SP5 shifter pedal, so you wouldn't have to drill a hole on your stock pedal. I also have the newer reinforced right side piece.

Anyways, hope someone will be able to use it... asking $250 and you pay for shipping. USA only.

PM me if you're interested.

Thanks for reading!

IMG_3465.JPG

Hai there. I am wondering how tall you are. I like to put these controls on my R3 roadster.
Greetz from Holland

I am about the same hight. Did you think the pegs where to far away?
No, they weren't... It was actually perfect length. Bit it felt a little awkward with the tank being that big. I came from a vrod which had a much smaller tank. Also your riding stance changes. Guess I got use to the mid controls stance... feels like you wanna go fast! And since your stance changed... Makes you feel like you're stretching a little to reach the bars (keep in mind though, I dont have the stock bars on).

No, they weren't... It was actually perfect length. Bit it felt a little awkward with the tank being that big. I came from a vrod which had a much smaller tank. Also your riding stance changes. Guess I got use to the mid controls stance... feels like you wanna go fast! And since your stance changed... Makes you feel like you're stretching a little to reach the bars (keep in mind though, I dont have the stock bars on).

THNX for the info. I used to ride the classic en and i just bought te roadster. Now i see the seat of the roadster is 1.5 inch higher. I liked the position of the classis very much. So now i would need to adjest the hight of the seat as well as the pegs. Lets go to work then!
thnx again.....

Back