Babarocket3newbie

Rocket Newbie
Ride
2016 Rocket III Roadster
Hey Guys,

So I purchased the forward controls from refined cycle. I just got around to installing them. Went for a test ride for about an hour and didn't really like them. So went back to stock.

I paid $308 (with shipping) and got the optional black SP5 shifter pedal, so you wouldn't have to drill a hole on your stock pedal. I also have the newer reinforced right side piece.

Anyways, hope someone will be able to use it... asking $250 and you pay for shipping. USA only.

PM me if you're interested.

Thanks for reading!

IMG_3465.JPG

Hey Guys,

So I purchased the forward controls from refined cycle. I just got around to installing them. Went for a test ride for about an hour and didn't really like them. So went back to stock.

I paid $308 (with shipping) and got the optional black SP5 shifter pedal, so you wouldn't have to drill a hole on your stock pedal. I also have the newer reinforced right side piece.

Anyways, hope someone will be able to use it... asking $250 and you pay for shipping. USA only.

Thanks for reading!

IMG_3465.JPG

What didn't you like about them?

What didn't you like about them?
Hey Old N' Grumpy,

I usually like my controls forward, since coming from a Harley that had forward controls, but having it on the roadster felt weird for me since the tank is wide. Also, it felt too much of a stretch for me and I didn't feel stable or comfortable when leaning on turns.

Are these their revised version after lots of complaints that the front brackets used were not heavy enough gauge steel and caused flexing when pushed by rider's feet?

I have read that in the last 6 months or so they revised the brackets to make them stronger.

For any prospective buyers even the old version can be easily fixed with a little fillet support welded on if you find the original ones disconcerting. Also with either version you cannot fit front crash / tipover bars :(

Are these their revised version after lots of complaints that the front brackets used were not heavy enough gauge steel and caused flexing when pushed by rider's feet?

I have read that in the last 6 months or so they revised the brackets to make them stronger.

For any prospective buyers even the old version can be easily fixed with a little fillet support welded on if you find the original ones disconcerting. Also with either version you cannot fit front crash / tipover bars :(
Hey Ishrub, its the revised version with the reinforced piece (as mentioned on my post :D). The parts I say feel very well made and heavy... there was no flexing what so ever...but maybe because it was the revised piece. ;)

Hey Ishrub, its the revised version with the reinforced piece (as mentioned on my post :D). The parts I say feel very well made and heavy... there was no flexing what so ever...but maybe because it was the revised piece. ;)

Oops, I did a @1olbull incomplete post misread, Steve will never let me live it down now! :D;):oops::rolleyes:

Hey Guys,

Thanks for reading!

IMG_3465.JPG

USA Only, what about a poor Brother from Down Under??

USA Only, what about a poor Brother from Down Under??
There is a set going on either ebay.com.au or Gumtree that have been there for donks, hang on and i'll dig them out. Doesn't offer too cheap a price though considering they are the earlier version but easily fixed. I believe if they come with original receipt the makers are even retrofitting the offending part cheaply.

Hey Old N' Grumpy,

I usually like my controls forward, since coming from a Harley that had forward controls, but having it on the roadster felt weird for me since the tank is wide. Also, it felt too much of a stretch for me and I didn't feel stable or comfortable when leaning on turns.
Did you also change your seat? The Roaster pegs being further back, and higher, also made the seat thicker to sit you higher up, and about 1.5 inches back. The Standard and classic seats are a bit lower, and push you forward. Which would help with the feeling of not reaching, and being unstable because you are too high up. Might want to try with the older style seat before giving up the forward controls.

Back