This is the story of my Army career:
FB_IMG_1570652963343.jpg

Oops too late again.

Only 130kmh again.

NT open speed limits[edit]
The Northern Territory had no blanket speed limits outside major towns until January 2007, when a general rural speed limit of 110 km/h (68 mph) was introduced, although four major highways had higher 130 km/h (81 mph) zones.[20] Speed-limit advocates note that the per-capita fatality rate in 2006 was the highest in the OECD and twice the Australian average.[21] In 2009, the opposition (Country Liberal Party) unsuccessfully sought the removal of the 130 km/h limits on three out of the four highways where it applied, arguing that total fatalities in the Northern Territory had increased significantly during the first two years of the speed limit. In argument against the motion, the government provided more detailed statistics than normally published; these statistics showed a reduction in fatalities along the highways where 130 km/h limits were introduced.[22][23][24] In 2011 the opposition argued for a return to "open speed limits" .[25] For the 2012 election the Country Liberals' transport policy promised an evidence-based approach.[26] After winning government, de-restriction of Stuart Highway was proposed;[27][28] a planned 12-month de-restriction was initiated on 1 February 2014. The trial on 200 km of Stuart Highway was expanded later in the year to another 72 km, and continued indefinitely in January 2015 during a review of the initial results since "in the first 11 months, there were no recorded fatalities."[29] From September 2015, a 336 km stretch of Stuart Highway between Barrow Creek and Alice Springs had speed limits removed for a 12-month trial.[30][31][32] 130 km/h (81 mph) speed limits were returned on 20 November 2016 due to the electoral loss of the Country Liberal Party.[33]

Steve, take a look at this. I also saw where it had to do with retirement. This bill was from 10 years ago. They amended it to include cars. In smaller print which stupid me doesn’t read apparently it was proposed but never voted in. I stand corrected (d@mn mouse print!). So back to 140mph wheelies in the Sunshine State.:D

Florida Passes HB 137, Speeders Face Vehicle Confiscation, Prison Time

Ah, HB137 it is.
Gratitude for the update link!
A very reckless overreach, IMHO.
Hope it never reaches fruition.

Back