Fork Mounted LEDs - Cool or Not-Cool?

Holy mackerel , Batman! It has mandibles...eat you right up. Love the Darlas, but they are a bit big that far forward. Smaller Denali lights be more suited on the fork. Mounting those on the engine case would be super slick. Not sure how to get them to mount on the side of the engine without a case guard though. Either way, those will light the path nicely.

Like the DRL LED idea, wouldn't mount them below bottom fork yoke though as that looks naff IMO.

Definitely takes away from the streamlined awesome look of the bike. The mounting brackets seem somewhat primitive compared to the finish of the bike and the lights are way too big. Unless you want to light up a concert at night or a crime scene, may not be worth it. No offense to anyone.

Last edited:
A set of Clearwater Darla's down on the forks is a good idea, particularly down in Florida. Having the lights low creates a "conspicuity triangle" that helps cagers acknowledge your presence. The Clearwater lights are uber expensive but they are also uber quality. Less expensive options are easily found.

Below is my rally bike with its lighting setup.

1608121363722.png

A set of Clearwater Darla's down on the forks is a good idea, particularly down in Florida. Having the lights low creates a "conspicuity triangle" that helps cagers acknowledge your presence. The Clearwater lights are uber expensive but they are also uber quality. Less expensive options are easily found.

Below is my rally bike with its lighting setup.

1608121363722.png
Yes, the first pic I showed of the GT had larger lights, I am getting the smaller black cased ones like you have here (Darla), I think the bracket on the GT is the same. They are not stocking this kit, they had to mill the brackets up for my order, but they have the template

Holy mackerel , Batman! It has mandibles...eat you right up. Love the Darlas, but they are a bit big that far forward. Smaller Denali lights be more suited on the fork. Mounting those on the engine case would be super slick. Not sure how to get them to mount on the side of the engine without a case guard though. Either way, those will light the path nicely.
Mounting on forks means they will point where the bars are pointed, which I think I would like better than engine mounted. I'm sure they could be bar mounted also, but I have the Corbin Fairing on its way so forks seem best option for me.

Yes, the first pic I showed of the GT had larger lights, I am getting the smaller black cased ones like you have here (Darla), I think the bracket on the GT is the same. They are not stocking this kit, they had to mill the brackets up for my order, but they have the template
I fitted my dinali d7,s on fork today

Attachments

• 3B6897F2-C88B-44F3-B4C2-B085BD6FF2D9.jpeg
    3B6897F2-C88B-44F3-B4C2-B085BD6FF2D9.jpeg
    381.1 KB · Views: 42
Back