Fork bolt on touring model

I have one of the motion pro fork oil level tools, you overfill the oil, it is to the correct depth and siphoned off till it’s the exact level. The tool is only like $15USD not much more in Aussie dollar..... handy thing to have, have used it before in other bikes...
I've got the same one.... 👍

Dear brains trust,

I have noticed the left side fork occasionally drops a small drop of fork oil on my touring model. It’s definitely coming from the bottom bolt. The bolt is definitely not tightened to the 30nm recommended by the manual so I’m guessing that is how the oil is very gradually seeping out. The problem has only just started after several years of owning it from new. The fork has never been dissembled since I bought it new. When I try and tighten the bolt it gets a little firmer then a little looser and repeat. It feels suspiciously like a cross thread.

the next bit is I’m not sure the best way to approach disassembly.... drilling that bolt out doesn’t seem like it would be easy.... the touring mode as far as I know doesn’t have a nut on the damper rod that the bolt goes into to exert any pressure from up top.... ideas??

appreciate suggestions.... only other thing I can think is take to a shop?
Stripped! Remove, helicoil and replace with new bolt.

Do u know that when u loosen that bolt it will just start spinning the inside tube
u can use an impact gun hold/take apart from top.

Back