Fly Screen Mounting

OE-Guy

.020 Over
Hey Folks,

I have a flyscreen and the two mounting pieces now all I need are the actual handlebar mounting clamps. Anyone know where I can get the four I need??

rac

You need what Triumph calls the "Fixing Kit" it mounds on the forks. It's the same kit used to mount the larger wind screen. Luckily, it's sold seperately..

You need what Triumph calls the "Fixing Kit" it mounds on the forks. It's the same kit used to mount the larger wind screen. Luckily, it's sold seperately..

Are you sure? The flyscreen mounting pieces sure don't seem to have anything to do with the forks. I think I only need four handlebar clamps -- that is what is pictured in the Triumph site as accessories included in the kit. Also includes for rubber pieces to use under the clamps. But the screen itself is small to fit where it goes it is now where near the actual forks...

rac

I've never heard of handlebar clamps for a Triumph screen. You got me curious now.
The fixing kit is four clamps with rubber under them, but they do mount to the forks.
Let us know what you come up with.

Here's a large pic of my bike with the fly screen. I used to swap between the Roadser screen and fly screen all the time. The fly screen attaches to the fixing kit the same way as the Roadster screen, just 4 bolts once the fixing kit is installed. You can also see the fixing kit behind the flyscreen mounts

Back