First nail in the 240 rear tire

First nail??? Rookie:D
First nail on this bike that I've only owned since November. Have had many nail/screws over the years in Honda VTX, Honda Valkyrie, Kawasaki Concors 14, Suzuki DR650, Ducati Multistrada 1200S and now a Rocket 3R. I does seem the nails find the newer, more expensive tires.

First nail on this bike that I've only owned since November. Have had many nail/screws over the years in Honda VTX, Honda Valkyrie, Kawasaki Concors 14, Suzuki DR650, Ducati Multistrada 1200S and now a Rocket 3R. I does seem the nails find the newer, more expensive tires.
Have to agree with you😁😁

Here we go again, same tire. :mad: I'm hoping I can just pop the bead on that side and fix without complete dismount. Maybe use bead sealant.

rimLeak.jpg

I've plugged 5 or 6 motorcycle tires and 1 truck tire. I've never had a plug fail. I once had the valve stem completely fail on the front tire of my 97 Valkyrie at 80 mph on the freeway. Was hard to steer but pulled over to find all but about 1/4" of the stem gone. Therefore in my experience, tire plugs are more reliable than valve stems and we all have to rely on valve stems.
I agree totally.

I have done 5 tubes on my ebike in 94 kms all the valve stems.

Back