First nail in the 240 rear tire

RhinoOK

Rocket 3R in my garge
Ride
2020 Triumph Rocket 3R
With a massive wide tire, is this a common thing? Only have 1600 miles on it and not ready to replace it. Of course I'm aware this might kick off the old tire plug debate:sneaky:

1645461640968.jpeg

I picked up a screw within the first 1000 miles, which is why I always carry a plug kit. Tire pressure held with the screw in it, so I had patched. Haven't had anything since. 🤞

With a massive wide tire, is this a common thing? Only have 1600 miles on it and not ready to replace it. Of course I'm aware this might kick off the old tire plug debate:sneaky:

1645461640968.jpeg
Had Fiona since new (2014) and just got my first nail this past September. Found it "AFTER" I rode from Miami to Tucson. I'm thinking I picked it up somewhere in Tucson...3rd nail in a vehicle... ALL have been in Tucson. Might want to blame my Father-in-Law and the dirt lot he lives on... :whitstling:
-MIG

The last plug I used lasted 100km. The one before that lasted the life of the tire.
I've plugged 5 or 6 motorcycle tires and 1 truck tire. I've never had a plug fail. I once had the valve stem completely fail on the front tire of my 97 Valkyrie at 80 mph on the freeway. Was hard to steer but pulled over to find all but about 1/4" of the stem gone. Therefore in my experience, tire plugs are more reliable than valve stems and we all have to rely on valve stems.

Back